4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

The users.f2s forums
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:41 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If somoen from 4WebHelp gave me a SQL dump of the users.f2s forums I could set up the Phorum Forum software on a paid host and allow people to not post but see the archives of the forums!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
Garth Farley
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 10:12 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes there is a lot of wisdom portrayed on those forums, and it would be a shame to loose it.

But it was very F2S specific, and now that this site has gone international (host independant is a better word) do we really want it?

If you could cut most of the **** out of it, especially all the complaints about MySql too many connections error, and jibes between members, and comments on people's sexual orientation, it might be good. Script help was good.

I haven't checked the web archive in a while though, is it there?

Garth Farley
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Garth FarleySend Personal Message
Garth Farley
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 10:15 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I still can't believe "carp" (switch the 'a' and 'r') is classified as a curse! Exclamation Confused

I must be a foul mouthed fella. Embarassed

Garth Farley Twisted Evil
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Garth FarleySend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 5:34 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think we specified in the robots.txt file that the phorum directory should not be indexed (Atomz has a page limit I think, so we had to reduce the number of pages on our site).

Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 5:57 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

WebGet obviously doesn't obey the commands in the robots.txt file then!

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:31 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I still think we should preserve the forums or evem the entire site! Andrew, re-download www.users.f2s.com with EVERYTHING (inc forums) and I could give it a little home.
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:51 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Stop! Get someone from 4WebHelp to open the forums up but dis-allow posting so you can download it!
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:52 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ignore the above. Please do NOT download the forums. Get someone from 4WebHelp to give me a SQL Dump of them.
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:32 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Could you please give me a copy of all of thhe files and i'll move it to a better server?
mattryan
Ex Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 7:56 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have the SQL Dump of the forums from users.f2s. I'm still figuring out what I'll do with all this data, but when I do it will be hosted on 4webhelp.net.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: