4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

GuestBook
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:57 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I guess because the philosophy is that the expensive clients are less likely to be hackers, which in a way is true.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:12 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

<quote>
This will contain the entry numbers, when you have more than 10 entrys, eg 1-10 11-20 etc.
<unquote>

Justin, could you give me an exmaple of how to add the 2nd and 3rd entries in header.php?

Daniel, I can add SSI codes in the template header and footer templates files ? But they all end in php extension. The server can recognize these SSI code without it detecting the shtml extension first? Daniel I'm waiting for a response from 34SP on your first tmp option. Let's see what is their response before you give me your modified codes wrt 34SP suggestion.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by preciousSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:18 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

No, you can't put SSI code in PHP files. But you can probably just use an include command like this:

Code:
include('path_to_header');

Put that code in the header file, and do the same for the footer if you want.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:20 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

While waiting for 34SP response, could you email me the add.class.php first, I will hold hold to your modified files and use your file only if if 34SP support suggested I used your second option. Can you post the codes on the support forum here (too long perhaps so may not be a good idea).
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:22 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I will PM you, as it is too long.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:25 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What is PM?

Are you able to answer my response to Justin (he is not at the board right now) on:

<quote>
This will contain the entry numbers, when you have more than 10 entrys, eg 1-10 11-20 etc.
<unquote>

Justin, could you give me an exmaple of how to add the 2nd and 3rd entries in header.php?
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:28 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

PM stands for Private/Personal Message. Click on the "Personal Messages" link above to read my PM.

No, sorry, don't have a clue about that.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:35 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

OK got your PM, now waiting for 34SP response....and waiting for Justin response for that clue...Thanks!
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:29 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel, splendid! 34SP support accede to my request and enable the "/tmp" directory to be added to the open_basedir option. Now the picture upload works! Smile

As of this writing. Justin has not give me the clue on:
<quote>
<unquote>

Daniel, could you help decipher Justin's clue? I want to add 2 more entries to the dropdown box, so that users can jump to other pages from the index.php page of my guestbook.

Hello Justin, where are you? Are you on 4WebHelpboard (bored?) vacation? Wink
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:23 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I can't seems to find the add entry in header and and footer files, where can I add entries for users to jump to other pages?
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:07 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Unfortunately, I cannot think of a simple way of adding more options to the jumpbox, as, in this case, these options are not redirections, but form options (which will be POSTed to the script, which will then show the appropriate guestbook pages).

My recommendation is that you create another drop down menu for whatever else you want, and put it in body.php.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:15 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel, on your SSI suggestion:

In the last line of body.php, I placed this statement:
include('abc.shtml');

When I run the index.php, this statement was rejected and I can see this rejected statement line on the guestbook frontend

3 Qns:

1) Do I have to include the path to abc.shtml when this file is placed in templates folder? Template folder also contains the body.php file

2) if i incluse the path, should I use absolute path or URL path?

3) Why my satement line was rejected by the body.php file? Reason to do this: I wnat to execute a certain SSI code whenever user access the guestbook index.php

That certain SSI code is:
<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/xyz.pl" -->
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:08 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

While waiting for the expert responses to my previous post on my 3 Qns......

Daniel, It would be good if you or any experts here (Justin? I wonder where is he hibernating?) is able to give me a sample on adding 2 more entries for users to jump to other pages from the main body of the this advanced guestbook. Reason: my normal navigation html codes I used on my website generated error (as seen on my browser status bar) when I added those codes to the header.php file.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:53 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

When using the include() command, you can either use:

- a relative path: 'abc.shtml' or '../abc.shtml'
- an absolute path: '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/abc.shtml' or $DOCUMENT_ROOT.'/abc.shtml'
- a URL: 'http://www.domain.com/abc.shtml' (not recommended, as it means fetching the page from your site, and not from the local hard disk)

Choose whichever you want Smile

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:05 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is there anthing worng with your syntax as the body php file rejected this "include('abc.shtml'); " line as in my indicated in my earlier post:

In the last line of body.php, I placed this statement:
include('abc.shtml');

When I run the index.php, this statement was rejected and I can see this rejected statement line on the guestbook frontend

Can you kindly give me some sample codes for the body.php as I urgently need to add 2 entries for users to jump to other pages from the advanced guestbook. My normal navigation code gave browser error when I put it in either the header.php and footer.php file Sad Thanks in advance for this urgent help! Smile
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next