4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

GuestBook
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:39 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

OK manage to set the database up usung siteadmin which resulted in:

Advanced Guestbook
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tables were created successfully!

Your selected database: xxx
Your MySQL host: xxx
Your MySQL username: myname

Click now here to setup the guestbook admin...

After I click "here" as indicated above, the next screen shows:

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/mydomainname/httpdocs/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30
Connection Error
----------------------------

I can't seems to create "root" user from siteadmin as it stated that this user exist. How do I eradicate the above error msg?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by preciousSend Personal Message
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:10 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

precious wrote:
OK manage to set the database up usung siteadmin which resulted in:

Advanced Guestbook
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tables were created successfully!

Your selected database: xxx
Your MySQL host: xxx
Your MySQL username: myname

Click now here to setup the guestbook admin...

After I click "here" as indicated above, the next screen shows:

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/mydomainname/httpdocs/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30
Connection Error
----------------------------

I can't seems to create "root" user from siteadmin as it stated that this user exist. How do I eradicate the above error msg?

You need to edit your config.php file to contain your database information, the Install SHOULD do this for you, but there is a bug in 2.3.1 which means you have to do it yourself.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:44 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

My database settings as in config.inc.php:

/* database settings */

$GB_DB["dbName"] = "xxx";
$GB_DB["host"] = "localhost";
$GB_DB["user"] = "root";
$GB_DB["pass"] = "";

Seems OK, what do I need to change to eradicate the error msg?
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:16 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I can't seems to see the "root" user in siteadmin but why is it that I cannot create it as it gave the error msg that the root user is already existed?

How then can the below error msg be rectified? Wy is there the access denied msg?

Connection Error
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:32 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Change $GB_DB["dbName"] = "xxx"; to the name of the database you created, change $GB_DB["user"] = "root"; to the name of the username you created, and change $GB_DB["pass"] = ""; to the password you used to create the database.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:59 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

OK Daniel, done the databases changes you gave me, when I run the install.php -> click on "Create Table" button -> the next page gave me the below error msg:

Database Error

MySQL Error : Database Error
Error Number: 1050 Table 'book_auth' already exists

What's next in the troubleshooting step to get this Advanced guestbook working?
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:08 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

precious wrote:
OK Daniel, done the databases changes you gave me, when I run the install.php -> click on "Create Table" button -> the next page gave me the below error msg:

Database Error

MySQL Error : Database Error
Error Number: 1050 Table 'book_auth' already exists

What's next in the troubleshooting step to get this Advanced guestbook working?

You shouldn't run install.php, you should have only run it once and then changed the config.php file and then run index.php...........
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:27 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

OK run the index,php and I ma bale to input the first entry into the guestbook now, but the icons are not there, I can see from my IE stautus bar that the script is looking for img/img/XXX.gif why the extra img, where do I correct the paths to point to the corrrect location to these images?

FYI, I am now able to get into the admin with
4. The default account is:

Username : test
Password : 123

This part works!
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:58 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

OK, manage to resolve the "double img" part, it is in the config.inc.php settings at:

$GB_PG["base_url"] = "URL to the Advanced Guestbook Images"

THANKS ALL! I'm testine the this GREAT guestbook now....Couldn't have done it all without the 4WebHelp Great Team! Smile

Good recommendation on this versatile PHP script!
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:28 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Can I add SSI code inside a php page? Do I need to make any changes to my SSI codes that were used in shtml pages when I want to include these SSI codes inside php pages?
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:09 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I tested uploading picture file less than 120KB, but can't see it on the guestbook. What happen to these pictures?
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:00 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Also, I did not receive any error msg when I upload a file that is 800KB. Is there any bug in the script or any codes that need to be modified in the original script in order for this picture upload feature to work?
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:31 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Anyone able to get the picture upload work at your end? Justin?? Daniel????
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:43 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well, I don't actually have this guestbook installed... Maybe Justin can help?

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:34 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Have you CHMOD'ed the Public Directory to 777?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next