4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

New Color for the Smilies?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:45 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
OK, so you would prefer yellow or orange, as they're easier to make out?

After I saw the other colors, I posted this (w/ a later edit) on page one of this thread, though you may've missed it:

verto wrote:
... For readability, I think worst choices are 'red' and 'purple/pink.'

Any others are much more readable, especially 'blue1,' 'green1,' 'yellow1,' 'yellow,' 'plain,' 'grey,' and 'orange1.'

But those were just my own observations; you may want to try your own testing, like you mentioned, solicit more comments, or maybe even start another thread or poll to get fresh and/or more serious comments.

verto wrote:
... at 1024 x 768 for a 17" tube. So my smilies may very well have anywhere from 20-50% less pixels than those for an average viewer....

When I thought about my math last night, it was probably off -- if you multiply width and height reductions like you're supposed to, it's more like 40-75% less pixels -- but promise not to tell any of my old math teachers. Image | Image

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3