4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Microsoft in league with Satan??
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:38 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Some of you may have heard this already, but just in case you haven't, I'm posting this, as it's well worth it Wink.

Go to Google (http://www.google.com/), and type in the following in the search box (quotes included):

Quote:
"go to hell"

And look at the results... Microsoft comes first, and AOL is somewhere in the list.

Laughing Laughing

Is Microsoft now in league with Satan? We know that Microsoft has bad business practises, but to that extent? Wink

Now the reason for this: Google ranks by the number of links pointing to you. Since many sites point to Microsoft with the word hell in the link text, Microsoft appears first in the list of sites.

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:33 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Its true, MS are the devil.

Today I had to install win2k server on one of the rackmounts in work, slid it out as I had to put another couple of gig of memory in the beast and it came off the rails and sliced my finger open Sad.

Ok so its maybe not really down to Microsoft but they are as good a people to blame as any.

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:17 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

LOL!!! This is great!

I'm a little worried about Disney being there though...

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:18 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yeah, I wonder who would link to Disney with the word "hell" in the link... Rolling Eyes

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:33 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

so how come searching for "go to heaven" doesn't list Apple.com Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:34 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hmmm... Maybe because Linux stole Apple's spot? Laughing

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:39 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

In their dreams Wink

I read somewhere that Mac OS X was the most widely used version of Unix, can't remember where I read it though.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:40 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

As a desktop OS, or in general? Because there are so many servers running Linux that that sounds unlikely...

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:43 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't know, probably desktop, as I agree it would unlikely be in general seeing as it hasn't been out all that long.

I will try and remember where I read it Rolling Eyes
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: