4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Re: 5gb Storage 5gb Bandwidth $3/Month
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
SfCommand
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:40 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

(Mods, if ya wanna move this to the Adverts section, cos I can't reply to the post)
And for those of us who aren't american, WTF is memorial day???

http://community.34sp.com
http://www.miguel.me.uk | http://www.sfcommand.co.uk | http://www.ssdg.org.uk
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by SfCommandSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:15 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Have any bright ideas as to how I can move this to the advert post, without mucking around in the database? Wink I can do it, but not tonight Razz

Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:50 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

http://www.usembassy.de/usa/holidays-memorial.htm I found this Smile

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:28 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

In any case, I just thought I would say, Avoid this host, they are obviously overselling like F2S do!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 9:55 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

agreed, what they're offering seems ridiculous

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:53 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
Have any bright ideas as to how I can move this to the advert post, without mucking around in the database? Wink I can do it, but not tonight Razz

use the merge feature?

oh wait there isnt on it seems Confused

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:30 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

To be consistent I think I'll leave this post seperate from the advertisement.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:18 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Actually we are not overselling, no where cloes to it, please do not accuse us of anything unless you have something to back it up with. And you say our offers are ridiculous, it's a special offer, ends 1 day after memorial day. Very Happy

CirtexHosting Specials- Affordable and Quality WebHosting
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Hoobastank6889Send Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 5:43 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

So lets say you had 16 customers sign up for the offer, 16x5GB Space = 80GB, 16X$3 = $48

Now you tell me where I can get an 80GB HD for $48, as I'll be VERY Interested to know, and thats not including bandwidth costs.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Kdawg
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:34 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If they pay yearly its 16X$30 = $480. I have hosting with them right now, and its great.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by KdawgSend Personal Message
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:15 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Kdawg wrote:
If they pay yearly its 16X$30 = $480. I have hosting with them right now, and its great.

And how much does a dedicated server cos a year, a lot more that $480 is the answer

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:23 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Kdawg wrote:

What about Bandwidth? What about co-location fees? What about Tech Support?
Hoobastank6889
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:42 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Actually you can get great decent servers at www.rackshack.net for around $100 per month Smile

Quote:

And how much does a dedicated server cos a year, a lot more that $480 is the answer

CirtexHosting Specials- Affordable and Quality WebHosting
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Hoobastank6889Send Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:20 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ben wrote:
Kdawg wrote:

Hoobastank6889 wrote:
Actually you can get great decent servers at www.rackshack.net for around $100 per month Smile

Quote:

Ben & Hoobastank6889: You're not talking in the same terms (monthly & yearly) Smile.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:45 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well, as a host, I would say it is no way we could survive if we are offering that.

But from a client perspective, it is their benefits. However, do you need 5Gb webspace? Laughing

What Daniel point out is correct. Different issue. One is annual and the other is monthly.
Besides, you have not add in the setup cost and the type of support service receive
from rackshack. Their server is totally unmanaged. Go with it unless you have the experience in Linux administration.

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by addvalueSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: