4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

anyone for a 'lil project?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:45 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

with exam season fast aproaching, and a huge 3 months or so after that with nothing to do, I've decided it might be kinda fun to try to write my own forum software (in php of course). This, obviously, is too big of a task for one person, so I'd like to invite anyone here who wants to to join me! Very Happy

if you'd be interested in being part of the team, just reply here and we can sort something out. I'm hoping to get at least a small handfull of people who are willing to work on this thing for at least a few months - I know there are a lot of people who are skilled with php here, so at least some of you must be interested Wink

this could be a lot of fun, so get replying! Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:59 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

all those views, and no-one's interested? c'mon, you know you want to Razz

Team Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:49 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Don't have the time, there's too many things I want to do for my own site and I already have perfectly good forum in place Wink Very Happy

Is it going to have any unique features to set it apart from other forum software? or is it just a case of seeing if you can? otherwise wouldn't it be an exercise in reinventing the wheel? Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
adam

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:52 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

at the moment it's really just an idea running round my head, I wanna see if some people are at least interested before I start figuring out details.

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:19 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think it would be cool, but I dont think im skilled enough in php to do somthing like that.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by KdawgSend Personal Message
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:22 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Don't have the time either!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
adam

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:40 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

if you don't think you have the skills, I say try it anyway...the best way of learning is by doing...as for not having time, it'll be a pretty casual thing so it may be worth joining anyway for when you get bored Smile

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:31 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ok, Il help, I know a decent amount of php and like you said its a good way to improve. I dont have much going on exept June 9-12 I have finals but most of my grades are set so I wont be doing much studying.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by KdawgSend Personal Message
adam

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:35 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

great Smile

I have exams up to mid-june anyway, so it'll probably get going after that...anyone else wanna hop on board?

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:32 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

http://dev.cuo.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/bb-coders_dev.cuo.org.uk

I've set up a mailing list for anyone who wants to be a part of this...so anyone who's interested should subscribe Smile

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: