4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Attach HTML pages together
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:27 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

SfCommand wrote:
And of course (being superior Very Happy) mozilla also supports iframes Smile

woohoo! ^5! Very Happy

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 2:26 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
t94xr.net.nz's last post, before this one, was on March 5th... Question

hmmm... yeah, now, I look it was Mar, not May... Image Very Happy

thx, Daniel, and sorry 'bout that, t94xr.net.nz, whoever, or wherever you are... Wink

Image *sings Big Bill Broonzy's version of "Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home."

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 2:58 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Kdawg wrote:
... NS and IE, those are the only two browsers I care about.

that's Cool for your own stuff, but I've noticed many ppl that post to forums like this are more than ready to dump those two, and care more about supporting some of the newer browsers. Just yesterday, for ex., I read an article questioning why anyone would even WANT to use Netscape, when it's dropped many features that come standard w/ Mozilla.

I think I remember even hearing rumors that some folks here at 4WH prefer it. Can't remember for sure, though... *ponders this* ... was it adam?

And then yu've got the folks that like Opera, Konqueror, etc., and on the Mac, there's lot of activity lately with Safari, Camino, Chimera, OmniWeb, and iCab.

There was even some talk about a year ago about AOL trying to get back in the game by testing a Mozilla-based replacement that they hoped would level the paying field. Haven't kept up with that ... anyone know what happened?

Anyhow, not saying you need to like them, just that a lot of other folks probably WILL care about supporting them.

SfCommand wrote:
And of course (being superior Very Happy) mozilla also supports iframes Smile

hmmm... how'd that get in here Question Wink

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
SfCommand
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:30 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ya, when I'm actually at my freebsd box, I normally use Konqueror in KDE, but in wind0ze, I always use Mozilla (well, on my home network, I'm still trying to convince my uni to drop IE in favour of moz Wink)

http://community.34sp.com
http://www.miguel.me.uk | http://www.sfcommand.co.uk | http://www.ssdg.org.uk
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by SfCommandSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 4:09 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

verto wrote:
I think I remember even hearing rumors that some folks here at 4WH prefer it. Can't remember for sure, though... *ponders this* ... was it adam?

Very Happy mozilla rules

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 4:24 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I hate netscape I just thought it was a greatly used browser. It causes tons of problems and is a pain in the a$$. I like IE because its simple and it can run most code. Also if you think about it IE is probably the most used browser. A lot of people dont pay attention to there browser, they just want to go on the internet. Guess what comes installed on windows, IE. I dont know what comes on macs and I dont care.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by KdawgSend Personal Message
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:02 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Kdawg wrote:
I dont know what comes on macs and I dont care.

Internet Explorer has been the default browser on the Mac for sometime - Although its different from the PC version so having it work on one doesn't mean something will work on the other.

However since Apple now have their own browser, Safari, I imagine that will become the default.

I know you didn't care about that, but I do, so I thought I'd tell you anyway Wink
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2