4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

PHP Menu
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Gary
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:50 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hey everyone!!! I hope someone can help!

on my web site 'www.thesummer.net' the menu is horrible [please take a look to understand] now what i really wanna do is control that menu from one source... i was told php can do this

i treid <include:menu.php> [lol] and i made the menu in a single page and called it menu.php but its crazy

anyone know of any good online guides, or is anyone here able to give me a few hints...?

thanks alot!!!

All The Best
Gary
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GarySend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:17 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Our PHP introductory tutorial should be able to teach you some of the basic structure of PHP code: http://www.4webhelp.net/tutorials/php/basics.php

Now, as to your problem:

You have to name the page where you're putting the code with a .php extension, and use this code:

Code:
<?php include('menu.php'); ?>

where menu.php is in the same directory as the file you put the code in.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:23 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

oh my god your a genuis!!!!

thank you so much!!! this forum is great!!!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GarySend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: