4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Slag Off This Site Please
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:08 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Darren wrote:
Justin wrote:
I need a global link to the forums main page somewhere high up, any idea where I can put it?

Its going to have to be above or below the search box - you need a nice little icon for that Smile

Yeah, I thought so, and I'm **** at Icons! lol
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:39 am (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

To answer Dave's questions, Trebuchet is a Microsoft Web Font as they call it. Ie a font that they recommend designers use for the web, as it shows up very well. I don't think they distribute it alone anymore, but it comes with all versions of Windows AFAIK. So it would be a Windows-only font. Sad (shame because I love it).

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:16 am (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is a very nice font for graphics, not so much for main text though, especially at small sizes.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:27 am (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, I tend to use it only at 12px and up. It's also very nice for titles, so, again, in big sizes Smile.

Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:11 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have Trebuchet MS on Mac OS X and I'm pretty sure I didn't add it myself so I guess it came with the system.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:02 pm (20 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Need some idea again :

Product Indexes, this looks too dull

Ignore the fact it has the wrong title and the wrong graphic, I'm just thinking the general design is ****, any ideas on how to make it look a bit better?

http://beta.freedom2support.net/adsl/index.php
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:22 pm (20 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm not too sure about the white-on-blue title thingy...perhaps inverting the colours would make it look better.

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:37 pm (20 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Darren wrote:
I have Trebuchet MS on Mac OS X and I'm pretty sure I didn't add it myself so I guess it came with the system.
Doesn't come with RedHat Linux...
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:47 pm (20 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Aargh! My backend just corrupted, now I've had to put the new site on early, I didn't have any of the frontpage done, I need a verdict on this :

http://www.freedom2support.net/

Bear in mind it's a 5 min quick job, don't worry about the broken links, I know about them, and I know about the search not working, I want opinions, comments and suggestions on how I can improve the design.

PS : If someone could make me a little forum icon to go in the top right of the page, I'll put you on the credits page Smile
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:05 pm (20 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What about a link to the home page? Wink

I'm also wondering why the links at the bottom of the page only appear there. Links at the bottom of a page should always be complimentary, and should not be a replacement. [Sorry if that's something which you're working on Smile]

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:12 pm (20 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It's something that got rushed, and I have no idea where else to put them, ideas?

Home Page link will be the logo.....

lol
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:38 pm (20 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Better? :
http://www.freedom2support.net/adsl/faq.php
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:49 pm (20 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, that's OK now. You going to make the arrow change then? Wink Very Happy

One problem though: the "ADSL" cell above "Questions". It has a white background and only takes up 50% of the space.

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:52 pm (20 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
Yes, that's OK now. You going to make the arrow change then? Wink Very Happy

One problem though: the "ADSL" cell above "Questions". It has a white background and only takes up 50% of the space.

The Arrow had to be removed full stop as it made it go on to two lines in 800x600, been updated again now Smile

As for the ADSL Cell, That's something I know about, it's a hangabout from the old version, it's an include from a FAQ Script:

http://www.freedom2support.net/faqs/adsl2.php
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:06 pm (20 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What about one of these?

Just 'borrowed' the who's online icon. Don't know if its too big - if it is can you give me some specific dimensions to work to?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next