4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

phpBB theme preview
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 5:38 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Do you think this phpBB2 Theme is worth developing further?

It has a brushed metal effect inspired by Apple's Quicktime Player (and other Apps).

Its only an initial mockup so graphics and colours aren't developed yet. Just judge it on its potential.

At present its just the index, so don't bother going into forums they are without any style at all.

It also looks petty bad in Netscape due to its poor CSS support.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 5:45 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sorry, I forgot to change it to the default theme. I was logged in and didn't notice.

Try now...
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 5:49 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

ScreenShot
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 6:18 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think it has a lot of potential, judging by that screenshot (and judging by your previous work Smile)!

I look forward to seeing how you get on with it.

Team Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 3:40 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Update:

I've now developed the theme a bit further, the forum index and viewforum pages are completed with graphics. viewtopic is getting there...

What do you think? Do you like the full effect?

I think I've improved low CSS support, but for the best results use IE or NS6 etc

Its a slow old process developing a phpBB theme. Version 3 will be out by the time I finish it Laughing
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 3:45 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Wow! That's nice! IMO, version 3 will be in another couple of years! Smile

Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:33 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm wondering whether you ever got round to releasing that theme, as I thought it was quite nice Very Happy

Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:55 am (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Wow thats spooky!
No I never got around to finishing it/releasing it - just never found the time Sad
However, yesterday (which is why I said spooky) I sent the screenshot to Daz (ForumImages) and asked if he was interested in completing the project to which I got a very positive response Very Happy so you never know you may see it (or something based on it) released soon...
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:40 am (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I just happened to be doing some spring cleaning and came across your post in the chit chat forum Rolling Eyes so I moved it and remembered that you hadn't followed up on it Very Happy.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: