4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Convert MPEG to MP3?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
billdavies
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:14 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

I have an mpeg file that I want to take the music from (i.e convert it into an mp3). I have tried using the convertor I use to convert mp3's in wma's etc, but it didn't really turn out right (was about double speed!). Does anyone know how I could do this?

Thanks

Bill
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by billdaviesSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:06 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

haven't used it, but a search on google turned up http://www.blazemp.com/blaze_media_pro.asp seems you can extract the audio to wav format and convert that to mp3.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:50 pm (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't think you can convert MPEG to MP3 directly, as one is a video format and the other is audio only. You can try and rip the audio from the MPEG, but after then you will still likely need to convert the audio to MP3 format.

USB phone / baby monitor
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by carolblake1975Send Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
I, Brian
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:20 pm (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

A simple way you could do it is by using something like Creative Recorder - just record "what you hear" and then play the MPEG - then you'll have a direct digitial audio copy of your MPEG audio in .wav file. Smile

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by I, BrianSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
musicfan
Invisible Member
Invisible Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:33 am (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ufony from http://www.softe.net can convert MPEG/DAT to MP3 directly.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by musicfanSend Personal Message
benn
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:06 pm (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I, Brian wrote:
A simple way you could do it is by using something like Creative Recorder - just record "what you hear" and then play the MPEG - then you'll have a direct digitial audio copy of your MPEG audio in .wav file. Smile

yeah, get audacity it works a treat... great program

Invisible Member
Invisible Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:22 am (19 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There is anthor software can solve your problem,
you may try "All Video/Audio to MP3 Converter"
product page: http://www.audioutilities.com/video-to-mp3/video-to-mp3.htm
Run the video to mp3 converter,click the "+" button choose the folder include video/mpeg file and in dropdown list box choose *.*, then you can choose your video /mpeg file.
select the start & end time,then click the convert button
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by aeteaSend Personal Message
yuvan25
Invisible Member
Invisible Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:07 am (17 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

I have an mpeg file that I want to take the music from (i.e convert it into an mp3). I have tried using the convertor I use to convert mp3's in wma's etc, but it didn't really turn out right (was about double speed!). Does anyone know how I could do this?

Thanks

Directly converting Mpeg to Mp3 is not possible, all you have to do is first record the Mpeg file using a software ( try Fleximusic wave editor ) and now convert and then save it as mp3 format.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by yuvan25Send Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
leefreshlee
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:31 am (16 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

billdavies wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Bill

It's pretty simple, you can use Any Audio Converter which is completely free. It can extract audio from video files and convert almost all kinds of unprotected audio files to mp3, wma, ogg or flac.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by leefreshleeSend Personal Message
web008
Invisible Member
Invisible Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:57 am (15 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

leefreshlee wrote:

It's pretty simple, you can use Any Audio Converter which is completely free. It can extract audio from video files and convert almost all kinds of unprotected audio files to mp3, wma, ogg or flac.

Thanks a lot for this freeware. It works!
And it can output AAC/WMA/OGG formats, wow, and trim the track!
Very useful!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by web008Send Personal Message
mazaa
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:59 am (13 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You can do this by visiting http://www.mediaconverter.org

You can upload a fil from your area and convert it to many other forms including MP4 and MP3.

It's safe, easy, no subscription needed, no popups and free.
Hope that helps.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by mazaaSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: