4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

UnitedHosting.co.uk
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:58 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Got **** off with ZeonHost so I went with UnitedHosting.co.uk after Matt from UH made me an offer on WHT after he heard about the problems.

He gave me the bronze plan on their website, and threw in multi domain hosting for free, so I basically get 200MB Space, 5GB Bandwidth, 5 Domains, unmetered subdomains and ensim control panel, and a reseller control panel for $8 per month.

Been Great service so far, Matt's threw in a few things for free I would normally have to pay extra for, lightning quick servers, custom nameservers (EG ns1,ns2.yourdomain.com). Supports been brilliant too, every little question I've had has been answered within 5 minutes in good detail.

Overall, best host i've ever been with, lets just hope they can keep it up.

Full Info @ http://www.unitedhosting.co.uk/hosting.php
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:50 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yeah, I know Matt from WHT too, great guy. But I thought you hated Ensim? Wink

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:48 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Glad to hear you got off ZH, Justin; they sounded real slack.

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:54 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yeah, he's been great to me, has done stuff way beyond what he has to do, which I really appreciated.

I don't LIKE ensim, and it's horrible to set stuff up in, but once everythings set up, it's relatively easy, doesn't touch H-Sphere Though. don't like CPanel for multiple domains, as it's weird. But with the support on offer, I thought I may as well try it out, if I don't like it, I can always cancel, as he gave me a 14 day money back gurantee.

Glad I am off ZeonHost, they turned from a decent host into a **** one in the space of a few weeks, is a shame really.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:17 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just got an ensim box at work, ensim is "liveable" with, but compaired to cpanel etc its a bit poo.

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:25 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ensim is **** to be honest, I don't like it at all, nowhere near as functional as CPanel or H-Sphere.
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:06 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

yeah but compaired to using comand line and editing conf files for everything like I was before, I love it Wink

Will only be used by me probably anyway so I can just about put up with it.

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
UH-Matt
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:28 am (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi guys,

Saw this post via searching for our listings on google. Thanks for the feedback.

Just to defend Ensim from a server admin point of view, its by far the most secure and stable panel. Cpanel has some serious security issues and Ensim uses a chroot for users Smile

Our ensim looks a little better to : http://unitedhosting.co.uk/ensim.jpg

Thanks,

Matt

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by UH-MattSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:01 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yeah, Ensim is fine, when you can get used to it, I mean I'm used to most of it now, but it still has a few quirks here and there that I don't like, like having to email to create DB's, but I'm sure it will come in time, it's certainly better than Plesk!

Cheers for the kind words about my feedback, keep up the good work, as the hosting is brilliant!Smile
GunstarHero
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:10 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

After much deliberating (and scratching of 'parts'), I've decided to opt for a Unitedhosting a/c. Justin, everything still all right with the place? Question
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GunstarHeroSend Personal Message
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:08 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hiya,

Everythings fine, had no downtime apart from a few minutes two days ago when Ensim was upgraded since I joined in March, I think the sysinfo page of the server I am says it all :

http://tiger.unitedhosting.co.uk/sysinfo/

Uptime : 59 days 18 hours 12 minutes

Matt's a nice guy, and the support is very friendly there, Ensim can take while to get used to if you haven't used it before but there will be a nice friendly new skin on there soon :

I would go for it, you won't regret it Smile
GunstarHero
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:40 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Cheers Justin, I'm sold!

Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GunstarHeroSend Personal Message
UH-Matt
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:06 am (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Welcome aboard!

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by UH-MattSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
I, Brian
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:58 pm (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, I'm a very happy Unitedhosting customer as well. Smile

I wasn't so keen on the idea of moving to Ensim - but in most respects the way Matt has it set up is more or less as functional as CPanel. The only difference is that I can't download zipped versions of my databases through Ensim - which isn't even an annoyance, really.

In fact, I'm very seriously thinking of moving all my different sites to United Hosting under a erseller program, rather than having them individually hosted. Need more time to think about that, though.

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by I, BrianSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:07 pm (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Do you have access to cron? If so you can run a script which will either save a zipped backup to your webspace or email it to you Smile.

By the way, welcome to the forums! I know the username - from WHT maybe?

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next