4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Scrolling
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 1:15 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Take a look at www.itfconline.net in 800x600, note that the scroll bars come up while the page is loading (Horizontal scroll bars), then disapeer when it has finished?

Is there any way to put a tag in that will stop horizontal scrollbars from appearing on the page, like you can specify when you are using frames with

Code:
<frame="index.html" name="main" scrolling="Vertical">

But I don't want to have to use frames to do this.

Any Ideas?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
WebEgo
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 9:30 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Can't connect to your site at the moment.

11004 No data record is available

Will try again later.

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 11:42 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Andrew wrote:

No, it is probably a bug in your browser. It works in the 4 browsers I have tried (Not IE or NS)

what resolution are you using, the bug only effects 800x600 in IE
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
WebEgo
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 1:26 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just tried your site on 800x600 in IE5 and it worked fine.

I'll have to check but I think you have some control of scrollbars with css.

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 6:31 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It's not when the page has finished loading, it's while it's loading, after it's loaded it's fine, just it kinda pops up while loading then disapeers when the page has loaded,
pyro
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 10:31 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

works fine for me, im usin IE 6 with 800x600
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by pyroSend Personal MessageMSN Messenger
Richard
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 11:50 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Can't get onto your site .. 500 error.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by RichardSend Personal Message
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 11:59 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

No problem here, It works fine for me, not an internal SE
Robert Wellock
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:52 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, I see what you mean when you use Microshaft, I wouldn't worry since all that is happening is the browser is calculating the horizontal width of your table contents. I don't get these inaccuracies in Netscape 6.21.

Last edited by Robert Wellock on Mon May 19, 2003 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Robert WellockSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Garth Farley
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:52 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, I see what you mean using Konqueror 2.4, the scroll bars pop-up for a second, the dissapear. I don't think there is anything you can do about it.

If you defined a strict table width of ,say 760 for 800x600, the bars won't show at all, but this then defeats the purpose. You coded the pages to be visible in browsers at any resolution, which is far better for those of us at a large moniter.

So it's best just not to do anything.

Garth Farley
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Garth FarleySend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: