4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Javascript and Netscape
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
vulcanpimp
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:40 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Shocked

noooob alert.

hi I have got to make a page generated entirely with javascript. It's like a shopping cart type thing. I've tried this before and the page worked ok in IE but with netscape the javascript which was created for that page just didn't work.

anyone know any of the real pitfalls of javascript in netscape.

Edit: topic changed from "java and netscape" to "javascript and netscape" Wink
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vulcanpimpSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:42 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is there any particular reason why it all needs to be generated with Javascript? Is it because it needs to be included in other people's pages?

In Netscape, did nothing work, or just some things? What code did you use to load the javascript?

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:04 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

vulcanpimp wrote:

anyone know any of the real pitfalls of javascript in netscape.

All of it. <grumble> Java and Javascript are very different things and should be correctly distinguished between </grumble> Wink
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by HertzsprungSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
vulcanpimp
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:28 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

well its a print out page. Customers choose which pictures they want to buy and so only those need to be listed. Then I wish to have buttons which delete those pictures from the shopping basket and choose exactly how many prints they wish to buy.

I suppose it could be done without generating all the javascript. But there would be lots of unecessary printing. With just one item chosen and five pages of printouts
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vulcanpimpSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:39 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

have you considered php?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:41 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

yeah PHP is out of the question cos the person I'm making it for(my college tutor) wants free webspace and I can't find any free webspace which supports PHP.

anyway I've got past the problem. Used a shopping trolley template from wrox.com's online books.

I don't know if it works in netscape but quite frankly I'm past caring. Everyone says make it in PHP but my space doesn't support it.
Hertzsprung
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:39 am (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Java applet? Surprised
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by HertzsprungSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: