4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Don't worry, the Internet is down! :D
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:16 am (21 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Oh well, now at least I don't have to wonder why I can't access one of my sites, as well as WebHostingTalk Smile.

This morning, I woke up, and saw a couple of emails saying my sites were down. I checked, and only one of them was. Then I tried WHT to see if anyone else was having problems with my host (since their forums are down too), and I couldn't access WHT!

Then I decided to take a look at "The Internet Health Report", and it really sums it all up!

http://www.internetpulse.net/

For more info on the possible reasons for this attack, see http://slashdot.org/articles/03/01/24/2324225.shtml?tid=172.

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:36 pm (21 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

CNN now has the full story, at http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/01/25/internet.attack.ap/index.html.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:26 pm (21 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

BBC got that too...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2693925.stm

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:56 pm (21 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Anyone got a hard copy of the Internet - just in case Wink
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:59 pm (21 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The WayBack Machine? Wink

Disclaimer: as with all "hard copies" of electronic data, it may not be fully up to date. Laughing

Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:20 pm (21 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Darren wrote:
Anyone got a hard copy of the Internet - just in case Wink

perhaps you should ask one of those people who phone tech support asking how to "download the internet" Very Happy

Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:23 pm (21 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is this what you're talking about? Wink

With the general speed of the net yesterday, I think we can extend the 4,381 years estimate Very Happy.

Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:27 pm (21 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

LOL! I like Very Happy

Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:55 pm (21 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There was actually someone where I used to work who was making a damn good attempt at printing a hard copy of the internet - poor trees Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
WebSketcher
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:00 am (21 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

2003-Jan-26 -> New MSSQL Worm scanning and causing some slowdowns Exclamation

Block port 1434 UDP... learn more...
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: