4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

How can apply for IP address by oneself
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
liuxyon
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:24 am (21 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

How can apply for IP address by oneself .
The server that I want to set up oneself, but I can only choose DSL at present, I need IP, but now is unable to apply for IP, who knows that IP can apply or buy as domain name ? ! How to apply? ! It is chosen which I have!

no bandwidth limited ^:^
Domain Parking
email: info at ongod.org
ongod.org
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by liuxyonSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:19 pm (21 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you wish to run a server from home, using DSL? If so, then your ISP usually will assign you an IP. If it is dynamic, it may be possible to contact them to get a static IP (you might have to pay extra).

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:45 pm (21 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Actually I could choose to use the optic fibre to be inserted, but I must agree through the communities lived , They have interests, so does not allow me to choose the facilitator . Only permit me choose service of China Telecom, but China Telecom most expensive to serve not most bad, Extraordinary interests are driven. They only provide dynamic DSL for non- commercial user, without regular IP address, person in charge of market of the network and technology and I carry on negotiations, But they say that they think that need regular IP address, must be commercial users, Say that if needs regular IP, must pay according to the commercial user's expenses .

It will be so the very high cost, not worthwhile at all. I and other several facilitators carry on negotiations, they offer the optic fibre to insert and are just equivalent to using the dynamic DSL expenses, I can affirm that it is very good to use the network performance of optic fibre . And the price is cheap. But the area that I live in does not allow me to choose . So I want to understand , can apply or buy IP, is it like that convenient as buying the domain name? !

Domain Parking
ongod.org
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by liuxyonSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:54 pm (21 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Unfortunately if your ISP is not willing to provide you with a static IP there is nothing you can do except change ISP (if there is an ISP which provides static IPs - which it seems like there isn't).

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:05 pm (21 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Can't I buy or apply for IP address alone in addition? ! Not because without ISP offering static IP, but the district that I live does not allow myself to choose , My own choice of any must have the concurrence of theirs . I am making great efforts to persuade the district director now. Even ISP agrees to offer network insertion of optic fibre and IP address free to me. The concrete conditions still need to be consulted further. But the one that can affirm is that the price is very worthwhile .

Domain Parking
ongod.org
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:18 pm (21 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If you were to aquire an IP (I don't know how you would), I still don't think you would be able to assign it to your ISP...

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:26 pm (21 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Can not IP address be shifted ? ! Can not buy alone ? ! It is all right on technology for me to think, IP assigns the organization to only accept users who made a big purchase, So seem so difficult to get! Do not know either where to offer!

Domain Parking
ongod.org
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:43 pm (21 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The only place you will get an IP is from your ISP, you will find it impossible to get one from anywhere else.

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
liuxyon
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:24 pm (21 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I see, thanks anyway...!

Domain Parking
ongod.org
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:16 pm (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well how about you hire a server somewhere else which has a static IP. Use your ISP to connect to that server. You can do anything you want using shell access. If you own the server, you of course will get the shell access, since it will be you who decides what will be there on the server and what won't. You may check out the offers on the net or perhaps make a post on http://www.webhostingtalk.com/, some people might give it to you for some discount.

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
zeroth
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:10 am (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If you have a dynamic IP address, check into www.dyndns.org for dynamic IP solutions.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by zerothSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteICQ Number
OgreINC
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:18 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have dsl myself, and you can purchase an ip from your isp. I use RCN and they sell them for about $5 US per month. I don't know how this might help you, but consult your isp, maybe they can hook you up.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by OgreINCSend Personal MessageAOL Instant Messenger
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: