4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

EcommerceDiscovery.com
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:43 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Can't get to Darrens site either, though freedom2support.co.uk, and bluesweb.co.uk and freedom2support.net are fine
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:46 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

unable to resolve target system name forums.bluesweb.co.uk
unable to resolve target system name www.fancy-rats.co.uk

Sad Sad
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:28 am (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

both fine for me.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:11 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Apparently there is still a problem - I still have users that are getting the version of my site on ecdserver.com. Is there any info I can gather that will help track down this problem?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:55 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

I can get everything apart from your site at the moment, if users are getting the problem of seeing the old site, then you either have a problem with your domain registrar (May be worth submitting the name servers again, without changing anything, or perhaps changing them round to go in a different order, thats what I did and have had no problems since apart from yesterday)

Some ISP's are being lazy this time of year unfortunatley, and are not updating their DNS very often at all. It's a technical impossibility for them to get the version of the site on ecdserver.com, unless their ISP's DNS Cache has not updated yet. The Two boxes are not linked at all, in fact they are in totally different data centres, and using totally different bandwidth.
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:32 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think there is something elkse going on. I have a domain that I was able to access this morning suddenly stop working this afternoon. Its not going to the ecdserver it just doesn't resolve anywhere.

That can't be due to an ISP being lazy as it was updated and working, can it?
and if it was previously working I don't see why it should need resubmitting.
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:43 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Darren wrote:
I think there is something elkse going on. I have a domain that I was able to access this morning suddenly stop working this afternoon. Its not going to the ecdserver it just doesn't resolve anywhere.

That can't be due to an ISP being lazy as it was updated and working, can it?
and if it was previously working I don't see why it should need resubmitting.

Depends on the size of the ISP, and if they're using caches. As a large ISP that uses caches seems to use more than one cache, and if you get assigned a different cache when you login, it will somehow suddenley not work.

As I bet you, the domain that was working, kept working until you disconnected. If your on the same connection, it keeps working. When you reconnect you get the problem, hence why I think it's an ISP Problem.

The Not Resolving anywhere problem is what happened to me, it's next stage after the ecdserver.com redirection. I reached that stage in around 24 hours, seems to have taken you a lot longer for some unknown reason.

All I'm going on is what I've got from Fasthosts/UK Reg's (Domain Registrar) support line, which told me to resubmit the nameservers, because if when you first entered them, if it had trouble finding the nameservers, it may have started pointing to the wrong place, making it tempremental.
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:46 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The main reason I say resubmit your nameservers, is because that I can access everything else on that server apart from your site. I was sent some other addresses, from other clients, to test it on. And I could get through to all of them. I think he must have give me the majority of sites hosted on that server in a list, and yours was the only one I couldn't get to, hence why I think it may be a registrar related problem.
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:06 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

my domains are with uk reg too-
you know the bit where you type in the name server. on all but 1 of my domains it said (no IP address) by the side. The other one had the 2 IPs for the nameservers. So looks like you're right. interstingly the one with the IPs is a .com the others are co.uk - coincidence?

For now I just resubmitted them all if that doesn't help in a day or 2, I will swap them around.

P.S. my Internet connection is broadband - don't know how that affects which cache server I would get though.
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:21 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Darren wrote:
my domains are with uk reg too-
you know the bit where you type in the name server. on all but 1 of my domains it said (no IP address) by the side. The other one had the 2 IPs for the nameservers. So looks like you're right. interstingly the one with the IPs is a .com the others are co.uk - coincidence?

For now I just resubmitted them all if that doesn't help in a day or 2, I will swap them around.

P.S. my Internet connection is broadband - don't know how that affects which cache server I would get though.

Hi,

Maybe that is why then, was the domains that were not working the ones without an IP Address?

Shouldn't be a coincidence really, but I've not got any other domains apart from .co.uk's with UKREG, I tend to use registerfly.com for everything else.

Broadband shouldn't effect it, but have you tried disconnecting from your ISP, and reconnecting again? Just it may work if you have been logged on for a few days or so without disconnecting. I'm on dialup, so I don't really know much about broadband, but it's just a educated guess.

Still think it's weird though, because forums.bluesweb.co.uk is playing up for me........

Justin
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:37 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Can't see any of my sites now, Sent this email to support :

Quote:
Josh,

I cannot access any of my domains now, just come up with the cannot find
server error for www.bluesweb.co.uk, www.freedom2support.co.uk and
www.freedom2support.net and also all of my subdomains. I cannot resolve the
Nameservers now either, so it looks like we are back to where we started
again.

I just get :
unable to resolve target system name ns11.dnscamp.com
unable to resolve target system name ns12.dnscamp.com

And get the same for all of my domains, is happening on a few ISP's again,
seemed to be fine for about two days, but has now gone down again by the
looks of things. Have Resubmitted the Nameservers, and still have no change
in the problem.

DNS was changed about nearly a week ago now, it surely can't be a DNS
Resolving problem. I really don't want to leave as a customer of
EcommerceDiscovery, as I've had a good 18 months here, but things have not
been right for nearly 2 weeks now, and were not exactly stable for a month
or so before that, I am under increasing pressure to get my sites back
online, and for them to stay online and be stable, and this just doesn't
seem to be happening at the moment.

I would appreciate it if you could get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Justin
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:38 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It's just a shame that I can't bloody get hold of my DB's, or I'd be off now.
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:48 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

2 of the domains that didn't have IPs don't work now, and thinking about it the .com that did have IPs was the first to resolve and has worked since.

As for forums.bluesweb.co.uk maybe its something to do with CPanels mixed up way of doing subdomains - For example I had an addon domain set up but it didn't show up on the control panel even though it was still working. I'm still not entirely sure I have it reight as its hard to tell until these domains are resolving properly.

I can see forums.blueswebb in the browser but if I ping it I just get
Code:
Ping has started ...

ping: unknown host forums.bluesweb.co.uk

same goes for bluesweb.co.uk

I've asked about returning to HSphere when he has everything sorted. He says the new servers should be in by the 24th. Don't know as I'll be doing anything about it on christmas eve though Laughing
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:51 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

This is really wierd, again. I can see Darren's site but not Freedom2Support...

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:58 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm skeptical, he's been saying new servers have been coming online for the last few months, and the date has been pushed further and further back. Like I said earlier, the only thing that is keeping here is the MySQL Databases.

My Connection can't even locate the nameservers, so there is no chance that it's going to find the sites, if it can't locate the nameservers. Something is severly wrong, but whilst it must be an EcommerceDiscovery, I don't blame them in a way, because this is probbably as perplexing for them as it is for us, as I've never seen anything like this before, as for instance, I just swapped ISP's again, and everything worked fine, on another ISP it didn't, and on the current ISP I am on it's stopped working again

It's so totally weird, that it's really confusing me, I've had Qualified IT Technicians, and Web Designers and Webhosts who I have asked about this, and they say they've never heard of anything like it, and certainly have no idea how to solve it. It really just doesn't make sense.

The nameservers are there obviously, because I can ping them on other ISP's, and they respond, but not on this connection all the time, and also the server and routing must be fine, because that you can access them through the IP. It' soo weird!
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next