4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

EcommerceDiscovery.com
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:25 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
Ah... not working anymore Sad Very wierd...

I've emailed Support, but I think I know what they are going to say, that it's not their problem, and I don't know if it is, just about half of people can visit it, and half can't, and whats even weirder is, that it's not ISP Related, as about 60% of freedom2surf users can see the site, and 40% can't, which is very strange......
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:32 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just was researching about our Data Centre, Looks like we're in good company in this new one, we are with some absloutely massive companies! :

http://www.equinix.com/ibx_partic.htm
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:35 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Doesn't stop the server from screwing up though Sad

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:09 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

This Server hasn't been at fault for the DNS Problems, it's your ISP.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:16 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the hard disk problems on your original server.

Although I'm still having a hard time beleiving that it's my ISP when I can access it in the morning and not in the afternoon (may have been routing problems or may have been something else)...

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:23 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It is your ISP. I have no concerns about that, because that we've had the datacentre, network provider, and Equinix themselves run loads of tests on this. There are no routing problems at equnix/cais/ardent because that the IP has been working throughout. Which clearly puts the blame at the ISP's door.

If it was a DNS Error, others would not be able to get through, and considering they can ping and access other sites on the same server without a problem, it clearly points to a DNS/Nameserver update problem at your end.

Don't believe me? Just to show how far behind your ISP is, I have checked my logs, when you did get onto freedom2support, you DIDN'T EVEN GET ONTO THE NEW SERVER!!!! You were sent to the temp one, which means your ISP's DNS servers are at least 120 hours behind real time. As that is when I changed them from it.
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:25 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The Hard Disk Problem was not the hosts, It was The Tw@Ts that moved our server into the new datacentre if you asked me, as we had non stop trouble after it was moved from the old DC to the new one, the gits probbably damaged it.
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:26 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Or Perhaps they broke it and thought "Oh well, we have nothing to lose, we'll just give it a kick and see if it works" and it did, but the HD's head died.
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:29 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Don't believe me? Just got this from a machine in France On Wanadoo:
Quote:
C:\>ping www.freedom2support.co.uk

Pinging www.freedom2support.co.uk [205.252.89.145] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 205.252.89.145:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

205.252.89.145 is the server that died last Monday and .co.uk's DNS was changed just over 96 hours ago. Which means the DNS Servers have not updated at your end yet. Hell, it hasn't even picked up the temp server yet, let alone the new one.
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:03 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:
It is your ISP. I have no concerns about that, because that we've had the datacentre, network provider, and Equinix themselves run loads of tests on this. There are no routing problems at equnix/cais/ardent because that the IP has been working throughout. Which clearly puts the blame at the ISP's door.

Something odd is happening...

ns11.dnscamp.com and ns12.dnscamp.com do not resolve from freeserve's dns server

*** resolver1.svr.pol.co.uk can't find ns11.dnscamp.com: Server failed
*** resolver1.svr.pol.co.uk can't find ns12.dnscamp.com: Server failed

Alas they do seem to resolve with pipex, though so it could be freeserves problem, however given that Daniel has problems accessing the site then there may have been a configuration issue earlier that has now been resolved?

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:05 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ben wrote:
Justin wrote:

Something odd is happening...

ns11.dnscamp.com and ns12.dnscamp.com do not resolve from freeserve's dns server

*** resolver1.svr.pol.co.uk can't find ns11.dnscamp.com: Server failed
*** resolver1.svr.pol.co.uk can't find ns12.dnscamp.com: Server failed

Alas they do seem to resolve with pipex, though so it could be freeserves problem, however given that Daniel has problems accessing the site then there may have been a configuration issue earlier that has now been resolved?

Thanks for that Ben, have alerted Support at the host about that, as that is a very very very strange problem. Been having a discussion with my host about it, and he's pretty perplexed about all of this, and I really do sympathise with him, as I've never seen anything so strange in all my life!
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:17 am (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Umm... Justin... When I went on your site before everyone else was on it, I had modified my c:\windows\hosts file, so it's nothing to do with my ISP. I have no trouble accessing the site anymore... Rolling Eyes

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:10 am (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

Yes, I know everything is fixed now. We rebooted the nameservers, the webservers, and reloaded all the DNS Records in the name servers., and everything seems to be fine now Smile
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:42 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Can Anyone get to forums.bluesweb.co.uk, because I can't!
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:43 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I can Razz

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next