4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

EcommerceDiscovery.com
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:16 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yeah, I'm really impressed with it, so small as well for something so good I'm currently reading through a few things in my DB, the use of the private message function for things it shouldn't be suprised me, I guess I've just broken some privacy law, but oh well!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:17 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

PS Darren,

Wouldn't it be a good idea to get all the email addys out of your DB and send an email to all your users to let them know what is going on?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:27 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thats actually what I was trying to do when I discovered the users table was missing from my back up.

BTW- I've just found a MacOSX program that is virtually identical in size, speed and functionality - also free!
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/networking_security/cocoamysql.html

Thats the nice thing about being Unix based suddenly there are all these people developing software for the Mac Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:37 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Darren wrote:
Thats actually what I was trying to do when I discovered the users table was missing from my back up.

BTW- I've just found a MacOSX program that is virtually identical in size, speed and functionality - also free!
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/networking_security/cocoamysql.html

Thats the nice thing about being Unix based suddenly there are all these people developing software for the Mac Very Happy

Looks good, and is even smaller than the Windows App. Hopefully things should be back to normal soon though, as this is getting tiresome.

I just hope when you do email your users, that you don't get a lot of nasty responses like I did, I had everything from "You Cheap Git" to "You Cannot be serious for hosting this site with those monkeys, you should host with company xxx etc"

I felt like saying back : Are you going to pay for it then? But I didn't.
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:16 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well thats over 200 people emailed - now lets see how many of them bounce straight back.
had 8 already Laughing

As its not a techy site, I doubt many of them would be able to suggest alternative hosts. I don't mean that in a bad way, they just have other interests.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:45 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Darren wrote:
Well thats over 200 people emailed - now lets see how many of them bounce straight back.
had 8 already Laughing

As its not a techy site, I doubt many of them would be able to suggest alternative hosts. I don't mean that in a bad way, they just have other interests.

Yeah, I got a few bounced back earlier to be honest, had 147 emails to me during the course of today, and have replied to around 91 of them. Good job it's my day off today, otherwise I'd be in trouble!

I think that the fact that it's not a techy site is a blessing, because I've got fed up with people saying "This sounds a bit strange to me - More to this than meets the eye ? " as one user put it, it's driving me insane. I'm trying to put accross in the nicest way possible :

"Look, we're doing everything we can, we're paying the bills, your not, don't have a go at me for this situation, I've spent 95% of today trying to sort it out, at least show some appreciation"

But Obviously not in those words!
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:11 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

15 bouncers so far, maybe i'll prune the memberlist when I have enough members so we don't drop back below 200 Very Happy

(and have asked those members to update to a usable email address)

I only had 2 members email me asking what was wrong, and one of those suggested it may be their PC at fault Rolling Eyes
There such a nice bunch Very Happy

Lets hope tomorrow brings good news, I'm off to sleep!
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:22 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Darren wrote:
15 bouncers so far, maybe i'll prune the memberlist when I have enough members so we don't drop back below 200 Very Happy

(and have asked those members to update to a usable email address)

I only had 2 members email me asking what was wrong, and one of those suggested it may be their PC at fault Rolling Eyes
There such a nice bunch Very Happy

Lets hope tomorrow brings good news, I'm off to sleep!

Had another 10 emails in the last 25 minutes, was just about to go to bed too, think I'll reply to the last 2 or 3 of those, then thats me done for the day.

Looks like you've got a total opposite set of users apart from mine, I'm still getting the complaints rolling in, I'd do anything to have some that are nice with me!

Hope Tommorow things sort themselves out, I'm not hopeful though.

By the way, I found this earlier, thought it was pretty Ironic this should be posted on a day like this! :
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95225
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 am (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Update :
Quote:
Dear Customer

As many of you have noticed that our web.ecddns.com has just went down for about 24 hours. We have some major of hardware issues as we are unable to boot the server backup. However the server's hdd is secured and no data should be lost. We still have no ETA as when web.ecddns.com will fixed. However we are asking all customers on web.ecddns.com to move onto anothor server. We will copy all account data over for you.

Here is the procedure:

1. Please contact your domain registrar and update the nameservers to match the following:

ns1.ecdserver.com ->64.246.42.18
ns2.ecdserver.com -> 64.246.42.210

Please remove ns1/sn2.ecddns.com.

2. Please fill out the account setup form again at http://cp.ecdserver.com:8080/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP?action=signup&plan_id=7006&signup=yes&template_name=signup/begin.html

We will creat all new accounts and then migrate all data over as soon as possible. But please make sure you sign up your account with the same user name as your current account.

We will have everyone's new account setup within 12-24 hours. But please add the nameservers listed above first.

We are sincerely appologize for such downtime. We are doing the best we can to have everyone's site backup asap. We will offer all customers who are affected with one month of free hosting once this problem has gone away.

If you have furthur question, please email us at support@ecommercediscovery.com

Best Regards
Josh C
Ecommerce Discovery LLC
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:28 am (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

web.ecddns.com seems to be back up : http://www.ecddns.com
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:40 am (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is it?
I'm still getting those 500 server errors.
What are you getting at that URL?
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:48 am (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm getting this :

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the www.bluesweb.co.uk com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the web.ecddns.com home page.

10061 - Connection refused
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Background:
When the server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, contacted the upstream content server, the connection was refused. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the upstream server.
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:11 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

does the fact that it can be pinged mean its there and working in some sense?
however, that was possible lastnight
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:55 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think They're just playing about with the old server at the moment, to see what they can do with it, as it was only up 5 minutes max, it's down again now.

I think this move to ecdserver.com is only going to be temporaray, as apparentley all his servers are very nearly full, and we'll probbably be moved to a new one when they come online in December.

Only trouble I have at the moment, is that I can't get hold of the domain control panel of freedom2support.co.uk, it's registered by one of our team, and I don't think he is at home this week with access to his emails! :S
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:32 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It would have been nice to have received some kind of acknowledgement that the new account was being set up. But then I guess its best if they just get on with it rather than worry about emailing a whole bunch of people.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next