4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

EcommerceDiscovery.com
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:57 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Can't believe I'm posting this in this forum, but I'm going to :

After 9 months with no problems whatsoever, my server has turned into the server from hell, it's been suffering with problems on and off for just over two months now, last month it looked like it was finally fixed, today it has gone down again, and has been down since 8.00am, I can't complain about the support and customer service from the hosting company, as it's been great but this server (it's the only one they have that goes down) seems to be very unreliable lately, and I really cant put up with it for much longer

I'm already looking for other hosts at the moment, and if the server isn't up soonish, and I find someone else who can offer me what I need for roughly the same price, I will be off very soon. If I can't, I shall simply ask to move to another server, as I am fed up with this downtime, it's driving me insane.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:39 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:
I am fed up with this downtime, it's driving me insane.

Me too!! Evil or Very Mad
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:05 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

RIP ECOMMERCEDISCOVERY :

We are still working on this server. There is some major problem with the hdd and our tech has been working for the last 3 hours to try to rescue all the data. We can not give you an exact time as when the server will be back online. However I will keep you updated as we have any progress.

And this is from me :

I Have No Back Up!

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hard Drive Failed last week, I've not had chance to download all data back
to my machine, as 75MB is a lot when your on dialup, I was going to do it
today, but we know what happened to that....I hope to god they get the data
back!

I'm ****, I'm going to be so dead if this data doesn't get back, considering I'm hosting people websites who paid me a lot of money on the same server. If we don't, I have lost 3 years of work, all because of bad luck.

I don't believe it.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:09 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Don't ECD have backups?

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:13 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't think they do since moving DC a month or so ago, at least thats what Josh said when I spoke to him last, they were supposed to be implementing that again this week.... *sigh*
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:47 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Now I'm hoping the database definitely is on another server!

I've just discovered that my phpBB backups are virtually useless.

It seems the backup has been getting as far as the 'phpbb_sessions' table and then it prints the HTML for an error page the essence of which is:

Code:
<table width="100%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="forumline">
   <tr>
      <th class="thHead" align="center">General Error</th>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td class="row1" width="100%" align="center"><span class="gen">Failed in get_table_def (show fields)</span></td>
   </tr>
</table>

Unfortunately the User tables, amongst others, are missing as they come after this point.
and this is the same for the 4 or 5 backups I have - that'll teach me for just blindly assuming it was working!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:49 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin told me the database is on another server. It might be a good idea to backup your database now though...

Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:55 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thats good then!
but apparently phpMyadmin is on the dead server (or at least I can't access it) presumably there are no alternatives?
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:59 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well there are some programs to do it from your PC, but I don't know of any for Macs...

Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:15 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have a PC too, so I'm trying one Justin suggested. Just having trouble getting it to connect.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:19 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Laughing I suggested MySQLFront to Justin Wink

Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:28 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I just keep getting:

MySQL Error
Connection failed
1045 - Access denied for user:
etc
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:44 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Reminds me, I really must get PHPMyBackup set up to do cronjobs rather than doing it manually.
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:01 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Problem solved with MySQLFront. Thats a really nice program so quick compared to anything web-based, I want it for my Mac!!

Justin wrote:
Reminds me, I really must get PHPMyBackup set up to do cronjobs rather than doing it manually.
Sounds good as well!

I've just notice my sig is acting as an ecd status monitor! Laughing
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:06 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well since MySQLFront isn't even being developed for PC anymore (shame! Crying or Very sad), I doubt they're going to develop a Mac version! Laughing

But yes, it is much faster than phpMyAdmin, inherently, because phpMyAdmin has to send everything through the browser as HTML (obviously heavier than the plain data).

Darren wrote:
I've just notice my sig is acting as an ecd status monitor!

Yeah, that's how I realised ECD was down! Laughing

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next