4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Anyone here use mouse gestures?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:49 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've been reading about mouse gestures (currently only work in Opera), and they sound like they're really useful & save time. However, I'm wondering if it's easy to get used to them. Does anyone use them regularly?

Note: for those who don't know what a mouse gesture is, it's a way of performing certain predefined actions by moving the mouse around. For example, to go to the previous page, you can hold down the left mouse button and move it to the left. Sounds cool, doesn't it? Wink

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:14 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Nope, never used them to be honest, never had a reason to, only reason I use Opera is if I need Java,
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:30 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't use very often. One gets used to it after a few hours. (Like I changed I mouse button, after 3 hours I was working as it I have been working that way since quite long) but there is a disadvantage: you miss them on some other computer and takes more time to work as you try it and it fails, then you remember this wont work here and try to memorize the keyboard shortcut for that...

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:32 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Makes me think of the scroller thing on most mice these days: I use it all the time. But when I use a mouse where there isn't one, I feel lost Crying or Very sad! Even though it isn't there, my finger still tries to use it. Laughing

Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:08 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

yeah, when I had opera I used them all the time...I wish mozilla had them Smile

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:26 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I love mouse gestures, and use them every day. You get used to them in no time.

BTW, adam, you can get mouse gestures in mozilla. Go to http://optimoz.mozdev.org/gestures/ to download them.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by taestellSend Personal MessageYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
adam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:36 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

taestell wrote:
I love mouse gestures, and use them every day. You get used to them in no time.

BTW, adam, you can get mouse gestures in mozilla. Go to http//optimoz.mozdev.org/gestures/ to download them.
thanks for that taestell, that will prove very useful Very Happy

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:30 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

/me looks at IE and then looks at all those browsers leaving me for dead.

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
adam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:35 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ben wrote:
/me looks at IE and then looks at all those browsers leaving me for dead.
I'm hoping that the days of IE and Microsoft's monopoly (not just limited to browsers) are numbered. There's been quite a lot of news recently about companies adopting linux...so it's a definate possibility Very Happy

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: