4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

MSN Messenger
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Iyonix
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:18 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hello,

Could anyone help me? I am looking for a PHP MSN Messenger client that I can download to put on my website. Does anyone know if such a script exits yet?

Thank You.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by IyonixSend Personal Message
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:32 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I seriously doubt this exists...as I don't know how it could work. your best bet would be to find a Java client.

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:32 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/16953.html wrote:
PHP-GTK allows you to build cross platform Windowed applications. XML-RPC is a web service protocol allowing us to send data from anywhere to anywhere. This article is a simple example of hooking the two together. Anyone fancy building the PHP version of MSN Messenger?

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:34 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thank you for you replies. I have since started writing my own MSN messenger script although I do not know how functional it we turn out to be:

http://www.flatface.net/~msn/php/

You can login; open a chat session to the script, and talk to the script. I have not yet worked out how to talk from the script. Confused
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:46 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

perhaps a second script for sending messages, then you could use frames to make them both accessable...

Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:01 am (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well sending stuff to the script is the easiest - sending from it will be the hardest (if it's possible - MS has so many ways of stopping any program but MSN from accessing the network).

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:09 am (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
Well sending stuff to the script is the easiest - sending from it will be the hardest (if it's possible - MS has so many ways of stopping any program but MSN from accessing the network).

It actually seems pretty easy for anyone to access the network, just using it effectively is the problem. The MSN protocol is at http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: