4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

aaaarrrgghhhhh!
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:04 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't see the funny side of this, but I'd thought I'd tell you anyway, as you're bound to laugh.

Last night, my Hard Disk Drive died, Mechnical fault, and it simply died, I've just lost around about 45GB of data. Now you say, use the backup. Well I tried to restore the backup, and the second drive had I/O errors all over it. Tried to install Windows XP on the 3GB Drive, and it didn't work that drives ****ed too.

So Now, I'm on Windows (Gulp) 95 on a 250MB Hard drive, with no sound. No DVD, no CD-RW, no Printer, no Scanner, no Graphics card drivers, and at a resolution of 640x480 at 16 colours.

Does anyone know any decent UK Based places that I can get a hard drive from that offers next day delivery? As I need to get hold of one fairly quickly as I have some coursework to finish for Wednesday :S

Plus, does anyone know where you can get some really old nVidia Drivers, preferably something small, as the drivers on nVidia.com are 13.55MB, and on a 56K modem, thats going to take a while!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:35 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Wow! That's what's called unlucky!

But then with that config you're lucky to even be able to get on the net Wink

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:48 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It's Certainly quite an experience, I'll say that!

I've managed to get some sound at the moment, but thats not exactly brilliant unfortunatley.

Was gonna buy a Hard Drive from Amazon earlier, they've sold out of the 40GB, and I haven't got the cash to buy anything bigger!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: