4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

PHP Query String
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:06 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If I was to type index.php?op=reg, can you tell me what is really happening?

I know it's calling up a screen but it must be calling a file or something.

Here's why, I'm using a piece of PHP software which has the above link in it. I want to remove public access to the link BUT, if someone familiar with the software sees it then they would still know about it. So, I want to rename the file and only I would know what the new name is.

Thanks
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:08 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

By calling index.php?op=reg, the person is in fact opening the index.php file, which will then perform a different action depending on what is after the "?" sign.

However, without looking at the code I cannot tell you how to remove the possibility of accessing that page.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:47 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi Daniel,

But, is op=reg a bookmark or flag within the index file or something?

THanks for your time.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:52 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

$op is a PHP variable, and by calling index.php?op=reg you're setting this variable to 'reg'. The PHP script will then do different things depending on the value of $op.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:13 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Here's part of the code. I don't know if it will help make any sense to you - since it's only part of the script.

$seeIfTheAdminIsSet = checkAdmin();
if($seeIfTheAdminIsSet)
{
$regLink = "<a href=\"index.php?op=reg\">click here</a> to create your own!<BR><BR>";
}
switch($op) {
case "reg":
checkUser();
break;
case "list":
listUsers();
break;
case "testcreateUser":
create_user_dir($isPub, $username, $passwd, $passwd2, $albumSetting, $newsOn, $rateOn, $commentOn, $newsProtect, $email, $siteTitle, $inviteOnly, $defaultAlbum);
break;
default:
echo $regLink;
listUsers();
}

?>
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:15 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well, if you want to only stop people from going to index.php?op=reg, delete this code:

Code:
case "reg":
checkUser();

If you want to stop people from going to index.php?op=anything, delete all this code:

Code:
switch($op) {
case "reg":
checkUser();
break;
case "list":
listUsers();
break;
case "testcreateUser":
create_user_dir($isPub, $username, $passwd, $passwd2, $albumSetting, $newsOn, $rateOn, $commentOn, $newsProtect, $email, $siteTitle, $inviteOnly, $defaultAlbum);
break;
default:
echo $regLink;
listUsers();
}

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:27 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm gonna try this out - THANKS AGAIN
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: