4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

small question
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
pyro
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 7:56 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

well, i know a lil php, i use it when i wanna make life easier on the part of includes that always work, and multi page sites in 1 file, i can make pages like index.php?place=here easy, no problem, but i keep tryin and failing at gettin index.php?place=here&area=main
kinda like how the forums do it, posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=5 well, thats kinda what i am aiming for... any help
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by pyroSend Personal MessageMSN Messenger
WebEgo
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 12:35 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What error message do you get, if any and can you give a code example of what you are trying to do Question

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 1:15 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

well, i havent tried in a while now, i been busy, i have no examples to give ya cuz in the past month or so i formatted like 3-5 times, lost count at 3. well, heres a idea of what im talkin about, u go to a site, a link goes to members.php?area=profile&member=1 sumthin in that sort... or like when u reply here with phpbb, posting.php?mode=reply&t=141 and u can change the ending and be at a different page... like i wanna do links.php?area=irc&linkid=15 and it would go to a irc releated site that uses the id 15, and i can change linkid to 4 and go to the site releated with the id 4. that was only a example, i have no real plans on a link database type thing, but it seems to fit a basic idea here
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by pyroSend Personal MessageMSN Messenger
pyro
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 10:52 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:
If you want a really quick reply, try going on the #php IRC channel :)

I didn't need a quick reply, just a reply... I just woke up, my sleep times are really screwed up, watch, Ima go to sleep at 8pm tomorrow and won't sleep from here till...
szo2
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 5:47 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There will not be much problem if you already made the page.php?go=somewhere script, you just use something like:
Code:
if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['category'] == 'software') {
    if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['id'] == '1') {
        // redirect to the software link 1
    } elseif ($HTTP_GET_VARS['id'] == '2') {
        // redirect to the software link 2
    // and so on...
    }
} else if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['category'] == 'hardware') {
    // do something similar to the above
}
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by szo2Send Personal MessageSend email