4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

GZIP turned ON
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:39 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Just talked with Daniel (no, not me, but someone on the 34SP staff Wink), who said that he wouldn`t install zlib, as it requires recompiling PHP, but he will install mod_gzip instead. Will let you know when this has been done.

Done! Let me know if you encounter any problems Smile
took 'em a while to do....

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:43 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well they do have other things to do Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:52 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

that's no excuse Very Happy

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:54 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well they have no obligation to do it Smile

We just have to be happy that they did it Wink

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:20 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You should be like me, I request a module to be installed on my server, it's installed within half an hour, no questions asked.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:26 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hmmm... there's a slight difference between what you're paying and what we're paying Wink Laughing

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:50 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:
You should be like me, I request a module to be installed on my server, it's installed within half an hour, no questions asked.

On the whole I prefer to be with a host who considers the implication of each request before agreeing - it's better for the overall stability of the hosting, rather than having him bung on any old module.

Peter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:52 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Peter wrote:
Justin wrote:
You should be like me, I request a module to be installed on my server, it`s installed within half an hour, no questions asked.

On the whole I prefer to be with a host who considers the implication of each request before agreeing - it`s better for the overall stability of the hosting, rather than having him bung on any old module.

Peter
perhaps justin has a dedicated server....

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:03 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Peter wrote:
Justin wrote:

On the whole I prefer to be with a host who considers the implication of each request before agreeing - it's better for the overall stability of the hosting, rather than having him bung on any old module.

Peter

No, what I meant was he will check out what it does, but he won't ask me loads of questions about it, eg for example, some hosts will not add ANY modules, because they can't be bothered to add them, or recompile php, or anything like that.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:05 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

adam wrote:
Peter wrote:
Justin wrote:

Peter

It was dedicated for the first day, as I was the first client to be put on the server, but isn't anymore, it's full now (not space wise, but no more users are being added to it), but it's nice and stable, AMD Servers are very very **** compared with intel CPU's to be honest.
adam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:11 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:
adam wrote:
Peter wrote:
Justin wrote:
You should be like me, I request a module to be installed on my server, it`s installed within half an hour, no questions asked.

On the whole I prefer to be with a host who considers the implication of each request before agreeing - it`s better for the overall stability of the hosting, rather than having him bung on any old module.

Peter

It was dedicated for the first day, as I was the first client to be put on the server, but isn`t anymore, it`s full now (not space wise, but no more users are being added to it), but it`s nice and stable, AMD Servers are very very **** compared with intel CPU`s to be honest.
they're very very what? Very Happy

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:16 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

adam wrote:
Justin wrote:
adam wrote:
Peter wrote:
Justin wrote:

Peter

It was dedicated for the first day, as I was the first client to be put on the server, but isn't anymore, it's full now (not space wise, but no more users are being added to it), but it's nice and stable, AMD Servers are very very **** compared with intel CPU's to be honest.
they're very very what? Very Happy

Don't know why I said that, as it had nothing in relation to the post!
adam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:18 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

yipes! I'm dizzy...too many quotes Very Happy

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2