4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Good Limewire type programme?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
billdavies
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:19 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

I am looking for a good music sharing programme after trying most of the big ones such as Kazaa and Limewire and finding that they are riddled with spyware. Does anyone know a good programme that isn't or is that too much to ask?!

Thanks
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by billdaviesSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:20 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Morpheus 2.0 is out, but I'm using 1.9 and it seems OK, although the results aren't as good as they used to be...

Ex Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:22 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Have you tryed Kazaa lite this one comes without all the spyware, its the only one I ever use.

adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:33 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I recommend morpheus...

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:50 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I recommend WinMX !
Code:
www.winmx.com
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
billdavies
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:00 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I know Morpheus has spyware type advertising on it etc. Limewire seems to be the best choice at the moment as it doesn't have very much. I don't understadn Limewire, they claim they don't have spyware on any of their programmes but then if you want to pay $9.50 for LimewirePRO it comes without any spyware..... :?

I am asking as I am trying to work out which one to recommend to a friend who is very new to everything, I think introducing Diet Kazaa will just confuse them even more.

WinMX looks like a good one, I will try that and then run Ad Aware!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by billdaviesSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
adam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:04 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

billdavies wrote:
I know Morpheus has spyware type advertising on it etc. Limewire seems to be the best choice at the moment as it doesn`t have very much. I don`t understadn Limewire, they claim they don`t have spyware on any of their programmes but then if you want to pay $9.50 for LimewirePRO it comes without any spyware..... Confused

I am asking as I am trying to work out which one to recommend to a friend who is very new to everything, I think introducing Diet Kazaa will just confuse them even more.

WinMX looks like a good one, I will try that and then run Ad Aware!
morpheus has an option not to install the "spyware type" stuff...

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:09 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I know, they all seem to offer that but the advertising programme Morpheus uses is spyware related.
adam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:04 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

that's what Ad-aware is for Very Happy

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:54 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

WinMX has no banner/ads and Ad-aware (lastest signature file) has reported no spyware Very Happy

One of the best features I love :
-- Multi-sourced downloading for maximum speed on broadband connections (continuously seeks out new download sources) Wink

Btw, I'm receive no commission from them LoL Laughing
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
adam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:00 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

WebSketcher wrote:
WinMX has no banner/ads and Ad-aware (lastest signature file) has reported no spyware Very Happy

-- Multi-sourced downloading for maximum speed on broadband connections (continuously seeks out new download sources) Wink

Btw, I`m receive no commission from them LoL Laughing
which file sharing software doesn't have multi-source support?

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:22 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Diet Kaaza is the answer.
install both Kaaza and Diet Kaaza, spyware will remain disabled Wink.
btw, Diet Kaaza work with Morpheus and others also Smile

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Garth Farley
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:34 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Kazaa Lite, it's the best I know. I do still get the odd pop-up & my firewall reports some suspicious activity, but it's clean otherwise. With a great selection of music, IMHO.

Garth
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Garth FarleySend Personal Message
WebSketcher
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:06 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

adam wrote:
WebSketcher wrote:

Btw, I'm receive no commission from them LoL Laughing
which file sharing software doesn't have multi-source support?

I was thinking about my *ex-favorite* software : Napster Mr. Green
adam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:58 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

WebSketcher wrote:
adam wrote:
WebSketcher wrote:

Btw, I`m receive no commission from them LoL Laughing
which file sharing software doesn`t have multi-source support?

I was thinking about my *ex-favorite* software : Napster Mr. Green
ahh yes, napster...that brings back memories...

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next