4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

http://hostultra.com
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
dmack
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:03 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi everyone please please help me my site was doing quite well bringing in around 500 hits a day 200 visitors but now my host is gone so i really need help can n e one suggest to me a FREE host that supports ssi and has ftp thats all i need thanks very much
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by dmackSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:34 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Were you hosted at hostultra.com before? I have to say that there is no really decent free webhosting service anymore that I know of...

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:45 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

nope i was hosted by mswar.com but they had illegal gundam episodes so they gettin sued and he told me i should look for another host. which im doin now please help. I only put hostultra cus this whole think is about recommending hosts Very Happy.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by dmackSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:58 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Are you saying you have illegal content? If so, you'll never find a host...

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:02 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

no :S i said they read it again. And the prive plan has changed again im looking for a cheap host thats (POUNDS) not no damn $ Very Happy that supports shtml php and has ftp access you know any Daniel ?
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:03 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

How much bandwidth do you need?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:32 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Don't really care i get 200 visitors a day though
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:37 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well if 500mb/month is enough, try 34SP, but I doubt it will... Otherwise you'll have to give us a precise figure on bandwidth...

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:51 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well, according to your web site's content, I think you use an appreciable amount of bandwidth ! And the number of visitors is not a good critirea in my opinion !!

If you want a good hosting plan (with ssi, php...) at a reasonable and affordable cost, send me a PM and I'll give you the details.

PS : I use PM just to avoid advertisement !
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:46 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

WebSketcher wrote:
Well, according to your web site's content, I think you use an appreciable amount of bandwidth ! And the number of visitors is not a good critirea in my opinion !!

I'd second that -- number of visitors doesn't really say much -- unless you have estimate for typical user's BW consumption.

WebSketcher wrote:
PS : I use PM just to avoid advertisement !

Unless you're suggesting your own hosting service, isn't it okay to mention names in here?
I thought that's what this particular forum was for.

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:03 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yeah, you can advertise for hosts in here, but we prefer you not doing so if you're advertising for yourself Wink (mainly because the person who does so always tends to be biased Laughing)

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:33 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

verto wrote:
Unless you're suggesting your own hosting service, isn't it okay to mention names in here?

You're right verto, cause it is my own hosting service Wink
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: