4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Overwriting HTACCESS and HTPASSWD Files
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:10 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi Guys,

I've just been asked this, but don't really know the answer, I would ask our resident Mac expert, Darren but he's on holiday at the moment so I'm kinda stuck! :

Quote:
Hi,

I am able to create the htaccess and htpasswd files and password protect my files, nut how do I remove them if I want to unprotect the file? When I try to overwrite the file I get an error message declaring the file exists without the option of overwriting it. Also I have no options in my ftp client to show hidden files.

I am using macosX with RBrowserLite or DreamweaverMX to ftp files to the server.

Any Ideas on how to do it? Couldn't you just write a script to do it for you, if so what would the code be?

Thanks!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:25 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is this person hosting on Mac OS?

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:43 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

No, they're uploading to a Linux Server, and their own System Runs Mac OS
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:49 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

So why are you asking for a script to delete/edit these files?

And doesn't Mac OS have a simple text editor which could be used to edit these .htaccess files?

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:15 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Don't worry about it, You've confused me now, and I've probbably confused you, it's been sorted anyway.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: