4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Looking for PHP, MySQL and own ads allowed free/cheap host
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
MH
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:03 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There's so many companies that I'm asking for your help. I want to setup a site where I could run PHP-based forum, have enough disk space for the database, not that much needed for other pages and I may have own ads, banners and/or affiliate links. In addition they must allow non-English content.

Is there such free services? If not, how about rather cheap, maybe $25/year or so?

Thanks!

PS. I don't know how much traffic it would require, but the more the better Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by MHSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:45 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If you don't give us any indication of space or traffic, we can't really help you. All I can tell you is that you will get very little for free. However, for something like $20 you can get something half decent.

Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:42 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

you might wanna check out wht

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:20 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, I knew it'll be difficult to suggest anything without knowing size and traffic. Let's say I'd be happy to have 1800 msgs and 240 registered users after the first year, so it won't be too large site. Traffic is more difficult, but maybe those numbers give some ideas..

I don't mind if (free) host adds their ad, but user's own ads should be allowed too, just in case.

If you think Tripod/Lycos UK would do I could go there. If not, I've got some cheap options, www.34sp.com and www.bargainhost.co.uk, but am a little bit hesitant, can cheap be good, you know what I mean. Other good looking options I've found are www.atlnetworks.com and www.solidinternet.com, but am not sure if I would get any real benefit. Their prices, about $30, are my absolute maximum, it's hobby site. I'm from Europe so in a way it would feel better to have European company in case there's something to really complain about Smile

Ooh, one important thing, the forum should send an e-mail to registered users before they can log in, does it rule out all free services?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by MHSend Personal Message
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:56 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

I have some paid hosts for under $30 per year in mind that may be able to help you, and as I know quite a few webhosts, I might be able to get you a special deal by liasing with them about your requirements, if you just drop me a private message, I'll see what I can do.

Cheers

Justin
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:08 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

A lot of free services have disabled the mail function...
If 34SP suits your needs (space, bandwidth and features), then I can certainly recommend them (from personal experience as well as from 4WebHelp Very Happy).

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: