4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

New Color for the Smilies?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:31 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Did the smilies just change color in the last week? They all seem RED now. Shocked Surprised

Not crazy about red for color although they do blend in more nicely with the page framework in the style I'm using (default 4WebHelp) Cool. On the minus side though, they tend to blend together to the point that they all start to look the same (the ones that stand out the most are the two w/ different shapes and the 'shocked' one with the big eyeballs) so that you have to Arrow look more closely than before to see what they are.

I realize this may be a controversial topic. Any other opinions?
Wink

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:51 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, I realise it too. Is anyone against them? Smile

Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:32 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I like them....they fit in well with the site's colour scheme...what colour were the old ones btw?

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:48 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yellow?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:49 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, they were yellow. Just look at any other phpBB to see what they were like.

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:21 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'd prefer the older, yellow ones myself, though I've seen nicer smilies than those on some other sites (including red ones!). Image

Are there any other choices besides the red and yellow we've seen so far?

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
WebSketcher
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:56 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I prefer those red ones Very Happy Wink Mr. Green
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:32 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Any of these which you like?

http://www.forumimages.com/misc/emoticons.html

Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:42 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think the orange look nice, not sure how well they'd fit in though...

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:59 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

adam wrote:
I think the orange look nice, not sure how well they`d fit in though...
I also prefer the orange ones !
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by RichardSend Personal Message
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:10 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

//edit: (forumimages.com's server seems to discourage direct posting of its images)

For readability, I think worst choices are 'red' and 'purple/pink.'

Any others are much more readable, especially 'blue1,' 'green1,' 'yellow1,' 'yellow,' 'plain,' 'grey,' and 'orange1.'

Last edited by verto on Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:18 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sort of bizarre, but I mistakenly made the above post twice as a 'Guest,' and when it didn't show up either time, finally realized I should login to post it. Now, though, the two posts aren't showing up when I'm reading the thread normally, but they show up when I'm in 'Reply' mode. Image Image

If any mods can see them, please feel free to delete those two dupes.

Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:06 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Done. Wierd bug you found... Unfortunately I don't think I have enough info to fix it Sad

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:33 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

thanks, Daniel -- yes, don't think I'd seen that one before, either

Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:01 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

verto wrote:
thanks, Daniel -- yes, don't think I'd seen that one before, either

Found the problem: no unregistered users' posts were showing up, because of a style mod I installed. I have now removed it.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next