4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Forms - Getting Rid of the Blank Line Underneath them!
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:28 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi

Was just wondering how you got rid of the blank line underneath them, eg, what would I have to change here :

http://www.freedom2support.co.uk/includes/topbar.php

to get rid of the blank line?

Cheers!

Justin
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:37 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What I usually do is start off the form before the stuff to go in it... Not sure if that's valid HTML, but that's what I do. Like this:

Code:
<form>
<tr>
<td>
Bla Bla
</td>
</tr>
</form>

Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:51 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

when you say 'blank line' what do you mean exactly? not sure I understand...

Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:53 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Most browsers ad some blank space after a form tag. Don't know why, but that's what they do. I wish they wouldn't, but that can't be changed Sad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:59 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

ohh...I think I get it now Very Happy

I think the best thing to do is to just enclose the entire table in the <form> tag, as far as I know that's valid HTML, unlike what Daniel suggested Razz

Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:00 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well that's basically like what I suggested, but it means you can only have one form in your table Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:07 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

well, he only needs one form in the table...

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:08 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

thanks, that is the most annoying thing in the world to me at the moment!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:09 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

That message was to Daniel's original post by the way, as that is the method I used in the end - solved a big headache!
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:58 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:
Hi

Was just wondering how you got rid of the blank line underneath them, eg, what would I have to change here :

http://www.freedom2support.co.uk/includes/topbar.php

to get rid of the blank line?

Daniel's method of putting the form tags outside a table is one I often use myself, and yes, Daniel, it's valid. Some problems with it, though, include only getting one form in that table and also the fact that you still get some blank space outside of your table (usually both above AND below the table) -- but not in all browsers. Rolling Eyes

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:16 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

No, the whole point of my method versus Adam's is that it allows you to have one table per row... And you could probably change it to allow one table per cell...

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:03 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
No, the whole point of my method versus Adam's is that it allows you to have one table per row... And you could probably change it to allow one table per cell...

Thanks for pointing that out, Daniel. Actually, I didn't even read your code, and had assumed that you were talking about the exact same method as Adam was. I think I may've got that notion from your post later on down where you said:

Daniel wrote:
Well that's basically like what I suggested, but it means you can only have one form in your table Smile

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: