4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Ensim
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:07 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is it any good? All the demos I've seen of it look dull and boring, and it looked to me like it lacked features. But then all the hosts who use seem to like it (not surprising, is it? Wink). They say it's easy to work with, but then all they have to do is setup the accounts, not use them Mr. Green

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:10 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't like it, someone offered me a package, and said, you can have it with Ensim or Plesk, I said "Neither".
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:12 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

LOL

So I guess you're not a client there Wink

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:18 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

fraid not, I can't stand either of them, Plesk is about the worst though, one thing that drives me mad is that when you click on phpmyadmin, it loads a page.....not phpmyadmin, a blank page that it pops up from, I mean, what kinda stupid idea is that, I had to keep turning my pop-up stopper off!

If they're gonna be pop ups they should be user selected, not self spawning like that!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:22 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well my feelings about Plesk aren't as strong as that Wink, but it isn't very user-friendly Smile. As to the popups, it was no problem to me, as I have no popup stopper Surprised!

One thing about Plesk is that it isn't as bad as I thought it was when I was at Cyberwings: it was always quite slow. The reason for that was not that Plesk was crappy, but that Cyberwings had WAY too many sites on each server! Laughing

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:24 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
Well my feelings about Plesk aren't as strong as that Wink, but it isn't very user-friendly Smile. As to the popups, it was no problem to me, as I have no popup stopper Surprised!

One thing about Plesk is that it isn't as bad as I thought it was when I was at Cyberwings: it was always quite slow. The reason for that was not that Plesk was crappy, but that Cyberwings had WAY too many sites on each server! Laughing

That just about sums cyberwings up!

I just hate it, I need a popup stopper, as I get so many of them now, I stop at least about 50/75 a day and they annnooy me so much.

I hate it with a passion!
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:50 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Cyberwings plesk2 wasnt overloaded.. in fact most of the time it was idle.

Id be interested in knowing what the server load of this server(the one 4wh is on) though as its slow as hell.

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:02 am (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

As to Plesk 2, it had thousands of sites in it, and the Plesk admin interface was always slow...

As to this site, it's not slow for me at all... The only sites which are on this server are a gaming site and the 34SP forums. The 34SP forums are not incredibly visited, but they're not dead either. But any server should be able to take that kind of load. Maybe it's because you're using this site in the evening. That's kind of peak time I would think (for the English) Wink

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:37 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is fast here, and I'm on BT OpenWoe 56K!
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:32 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

LOL @ BT Openwoe. I'm on DSL, so I guess I can't talk, but I can say that it isn't slower than any other site...

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:28 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

plesk2 might have had thousands of sites on it, but I doubt many of them were cpu intensive as the load was nearly always less than 1..

As for this being slow, it seems fine at the moment.. Guess its just the evening

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: