4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Content management systems
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:45 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Anyone know any decent CMS/news scripts (php or perl/flat file or *sql) that are very customisable in that you can set the layout fairly easilly?

I dont want to have to try and write one :'(

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:46 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I made my own one, doesn't have editing abillities yet though, but it does the job nicely - haven't bothered to try any others, as they never seem to be good enough.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Peter
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:46 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Have a look at http://www.la-grange.net/cms, which is a pretty extensive list.

It also depends what you call a CMS. I, and many others, would not condiser the *Nuke family as CMS, rather as Portal style programs. EzPublish, on the other hand, is a CMS.

Regards,
Peter

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 7:29 am (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Even better listing: http://cmsinfo.org/

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:53 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

cheers peter, will take a look in the morning

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
John R
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:42 am (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

A couple for you.
Thatware, which i use myself nice and compact runs well easy to use but few addons.
PhpWebSite http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu What i am changing to when i get the time to sort the design out. Have used it before in a very early version and liked a lot. Bonus is there are quite a few add ons out there.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: