4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

[Fixed] HOW should I link an offsite avatar
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
DrZaytsev
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 7:55 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

My avatar is uploaded to one Russian forum. How should i link it here? I fact when I enter the URL of the image and click on Submit button it does not say anything like "Error", but as you see, I still don't have an avatar....

Do anyone know how to fix it? Here is the URL: http://www.superforum.ru/superforum/image_uploads/drzaytsevsrabbit.jpg

Thanks.

Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:32 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've also experienced problems using an avatar..even the ones in the gallery.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:07 am (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Okay. Now I see that I'm not the only one who faced to this problem.

Moderators Very Happy Please help Smile

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:32 am (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Kinetic wrote:
DrZaytsev wrote:
Okay. Now I see that I'm not the only one who faced to this problem.

Moderators Very Happy Please help Smile

You need the team members Wink

No problem Laughing !

Team members Very Happy Please help Smile

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 11:04 am (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

First of all you have to be able/allowed to link to images by your host. i.e. Geo, Tripod and many others do NOT allow it.

What many many people forget is that if they have an ISP they're usually provided with a little space of their own and they usually allow offsite linking.

Linking is done by placing the img or image tag before and after the url to the image as follows:

Quote:
img http://home.cogeco.ca/~jointcomms/logos/canusa2.gif /img

Don't forget to enclose the img tag within square brackets

to get...
Quote:

Hope this is what you're asking for.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
DrZaytsev
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 11:14 am (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

No. That was not that I asked for. Anyway, thanks for your help.

I asked how to link an offsite AVATAR (take a look on your profile), not a simple image.
Here is the image I want to get linked: Image.

The URL is: http://www.superforum.ru/superforum/image_uploads/drzaytsevsrabbit.jpg.

Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:05 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It appears that there is something wrong with the profile form. You'll probably have to wait until Daniel gets back from holiday.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:24 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Apparently there IS something wrong. What I was saying above is to place that url in the offsite avatar window.

Oh well...
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
DrZaytsev
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:45 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

JointComms wrote:
Apparently there IS something wrong. What I was saying above is to place that url in the offsite avatar window.

I've tried. That does not work.

Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:14 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Fixed now... Smile Please tell me if you still have problems...

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:40 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
Fixed now... Smile Please tell me if you still have problems...

Thanks Daniel, that worked Smile

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: