4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

lowestcosthost.com
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
hnsec
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 6:03 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Does anybody has experiences with lowestcosthost.com?

They offer 1GB of space with 1GB bandwidth, PHP,mySQL... for $20/year. I don't need that much space right now. Just want to know how about their servers and support so I can recommend it to the people in need of massive webspace for cheap.

HN
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by hnsecSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:19 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I find offering 1gb of space and 1gb of transfer a little stupid. Am I the only one?

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 6:14 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:

I find offering 1gb of space and 1gb of transfer a little stupid. Am I the only one?

Nope, you're not the only one!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
WebSketcher
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:21 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I agree Daniel and Justin !

What you can do with 1gb bandwidth if you have 1gb of space Question Exclamation Exclamation
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:26 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

WebSketcher wrote:

What you can do with 1gb bandwidth if you have 1gb of space Question Exclamation Exclamation

Download a 1 gig file once Wink

Sorry couldnt resist, I'll get my goat

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
hnsec
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:31 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The thought did cross my mind Razz

Each additioanl 1GB of transfer will cost you around $6. So, it still seems like a good deal. I'm just pondering about their reliability, support, and longevity for that matter.

HN
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by hnsecSend Personal Message
javajivers
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:37 am (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Evil or Very Mad
This is the worst webservice ever. Instead of doing my homework and looking for reviews regarding their reputation, I fell for the $29.99/year for 100 megs. The reviews are all terrible and my experience with them has been the same. I signed up (no thirty-day trial period or money back guarantee), was told to wait, received and email that they were changing servers (their normal ploy) and told to change DNS and FTP information. I had to wait again. I was told all was well, yet my cgi scripts wouldn't show up. I'm on two "freebie" sights that have annoying banners, but allow me to test my programs, and have been using FTP for years. All my work was easily uploaded and read with the "freebie" sites. He told me to change servers again, change FTP info. He kept blaming me for not being able to write a script and even told me to F@#%% off when nothing worked and he couldn't figure out why. I was to blame for everything. Nothing was his fault. He was rude and very insulting. Needless to say I switched webservices and withing 24 hours have been up already!!! I lost $29.99, but learned a very valuabel lesson: "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
javajivers

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:31 am (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I know another one:

"If it's hard to do, It's not worth doing."

Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:35 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

robert wrote:
"If it's hard to do, It's not worth doing."

Nothing is hard to do, its just that you don't know the easy way.
--original quote by jayant

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: