4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

total facism, that's what's inherent here
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
amadeus
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:16 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

##################### FLAME BEGIN

Evil or Very Mad

Can't believe what facism is the reign of "moderators" here.

I post one nice message, saying that there happens to be another forum for discussing PHP (http://www.phptalk.com) and I also made sure I said:

-it's not the same as here, it's only PHP, whereas here has lots of stuff
-don't take this as advertising, I'm trying to be helpful

I even mentioned the "heavy finger of the moderator on the delete key" - joking that that message was going to get deleted... it did.

*And* to think that, in a moderate way, users such as the one who cares to type right now, have helped 4WH (that tutorial took me about an hour of rewriting - researching, testing, re-checking), and not to mention how people like, again, he who dons the keyboard attacking pose, helped users.f2s a LOT in the past.

It's not even competition, and I would say - competition is healthy.

Another thing, so called "free speech" on the internet just doesn't exist here. So many posts get deleted for "unsuitable content" (they harass the sponsors of the site), I could understand if someone was vile, pugnacious and crossed the limits of deceny in a post that it would get deleted, maybe censored (as they do elsewhere) but others should stay - they're a lesson to all who read them.

I feel like this is one of those government farms in China were people used to get sent to "learn" the correct ways.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by amadeusSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
amadeus
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:20 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

and another thing - I just the Terms of Agreement:

Quote:
You agree that the 4WebHelp Team Members and Forum Moderators have the right to remove, edit, move or lock any topic at any time should they see fit.

... for what reasons? censorship, yes

Quote:
If you no longer agree to this, please contact a member of the 4WebHelp Team to have your account deleted

You know what, please... do. Leave the other thing, people should learn for free and fun.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by amadeusSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:18 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

amadeus wrote:
...that message was going to get deleted... it did....

if it makes you feel any better, amadeus, i lost at least a half a dozen posts that i made here yesterday, including a new thread i started Shocked Sad

Andrew wrote:
No moderators deleted anything, it is because an old back up was used when changing to the new host.
how do you know that, Andrew? I don't see any other messages about it in here.... Question

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:42 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm leaving on holiday now, but I want everyone to know that nothing was deleted. I said "don't post anything here because it will be lost". Feel free to repost it here.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 9:21 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Andrew wrote:

You were warned numerous times by Daniel that posts were going to disappear.

I didn't see the warning..... probably because of time zones I guess!

Selpaw Web Directory
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by selpawSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
amadeus
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:35 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Andrew wrote:
No moderators deleted anything, it is because an old back up was used when changing to the new host.

I posted the thread on the new host. I checked it was on the new host first...
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:37 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Look fellas it's good to be back so come on let the water thru and lets get along will ya?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:49 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thread Locked

I suggest if anyone has any problems with the moderation of these forums, or that anyone wants to flame anyone else, it is done by private message, and not by abuse on these forums.

This is the second thread I have had to lock in a few days for persistant arguing and flaming.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:11 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just wanted everyone to note that we do not edit posts just because we feel like it, but rather when:

• there are broken images
  • there are spelling mistakes
  • there are grammar mistakes
  • there are bad links
  • the title is inappropriate

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: