4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Cyberwings Uncovered
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:56 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Contacting LightShip this evening I was given the following reply :

Quote:

Good morning. Lightship has decided for the time being to not post information on the company website regarding Cyberwing. However, we are replying to direct inquiries from concerned Cyberwing customers that contact us.

Contrary to Cyberwing Communications' assertions, the ongoing outage being experienced by customers of Cyberwing has resulted from Cyberwing's repeated failure to pay to Lightship certain contractually-agreed amounts. Lightship was ready and eager to continue to provide Internet services, including technical support, to Cyberwing.

We would request that Cyberwing customers contact Cyberwing directly regarding any service, support and data-related issues.

Shawn told everyone that Cyberwings built the data center in Portland Maine. I was under the impression that he owned the DC and staffed it with Cyberwing employees.

I thought it strange that such a small company would be able to afford a data center but I did not want to second guess how he funded this venture. I simply took his word for it.

Of course the truth comes out now that their servers were really co-located.

Cyberwings is bordering on fraud and conspiracy. One person not telling the truth is a lie and a bunch of people lying is a conspiracy. Shawn has made many statements which were proven untrue and my bottom line has always been, once they've lied to me, how can I ever trust them again?

So, is Shawn a fraud or incompetent? I think he is both. Perhaps he did start out with good intentions but greed got the better of him. Regardless, my observations has been that he is a terrible businessman although maybe a competent salesperson.

His own statements concerning the ownership of the Maine center after July 8 are in direct contradiction to his statements prior to that. His early statements concerning the Virginia center, at the very least, were misleading.

If I were Shawn, I would be looking for a plane ticket to Mexico or somewhere. Just being mistaken or lying is not against the law, but fraud can be.

In hindsight, it's pretty obvious why so many had to wait weeks after paying for their account, for the accounts to be opened, and then only after target dates were repeatedly delayed. There simply was no place to put the accounts, until additional funds came in from yet another sale.

Add to the fact Cyberwings wasn't a registered company until the 12th of June :
http://www.informe.org/icrs/ICRS?CorpSumm=20022401+D

And we have a sorry sorry tale, This is like a soap opera - I can't wait to see what happens next.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:32 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:
Contacting LightShip...

Lightship wrote:
...Cyberwing's repeated failure to pay to Lightship certain contractually-agreed amounts. Lightship was ready and eager to continue to provide Internet services, including technical support, to Cyberwing....

Shawn told everyone that Cyberwings built the data center in Portland Maine....

Of course the truth comes out now that their servers were really co-located....

Add to the fact Cyberwings wasn't a registered company until the 12th of June....

...only after target dates were repeatedly delayed. There simply was no place to put the accounts, until additional funds came in from yet another sale....

It looks like CW's been 'winging it' for quite a while. And it also helps explain some of the stranger service lapses I experienced hosting with them. And also perhaps why they don't even have a temporary page up at their domain. 4WH More Stable than CW?

Justin wrote:
.... my observations has been that he is a terrible businessman although maybe a competent salesperson.

It'd be hard for me not to agree with that.

Justin wrote:
Cyberwings is bordering on fraud and conspiracy....

...If I were Shawn, I would be looking for a plane ticket to Mexico.... being mistaken or lying is not against the law, but fraud can be.

I'm still wondering if there's a backup plan for hosting this site, or if it's going to start looking for a new host soon....
4WH More Stable than CW?
Thanks very much for posting this, Justin Smile Image

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:25 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If we do ever have any problems, we do know that other hosts will take us in, however, there is no "arranged" backup plan for this site.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:56 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Shawn is indead in a tough situation. I think that what he calls "naysayers" (Hint: Justin get first prize) are really making a bad situation worse. He made mistakes and is now trying to correct them. Give him support, not criticism.

I signed up on this server thinking that this might be an alternative for me and a good community. Since I have been here, I have seen whiners, Moderators that Whine LOUDER and use their privleges as a way to push their opinions to the front and little support for cyberwings (who it appears was an ally of your unbtil he needed support).

LAME, LAME, LAME...get a grip and provide support to the community here. Use your research to inform not hamper.

What a waste of time talking, I can see this crowd doesn't really collaborate, just USE and Abuse. Too bad, listen up, learn to support each other in time of need....or SHUT UP!

Sorry for the emotional outburst..Couldn't hold it in any longer. I recommend removing Justin's Moderator status, he abuses it to disseminate conflict not solutions.

After posting this message, I will look for the "unsubscribe" button, as there is no intrinsic value to be offered in this forum.
FB
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by fberardiSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: