4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Banner details not displaying
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
leo
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:55 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

In testing the banner network, I added the html code to a web page, accessed the page several times and clicked on the banner. No banner displays registered nor any clicks.

One thing I noticed when I was installing the software was that there was no file called counters. The help.html file mentions it but it was not in the package.

Thanks,

Leo
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by leoSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
leo
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:28 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I created a counters subdirectory and changed its permissions to 666. This got the counters working.

To test it further, I added another user, saw the entry get put into user.php but not written to users.txt. Don't know why that is and would add it manually but don't know what symbol should be used to divide entries in users.txt.

Thanks,

Leo
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by leoSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: