4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

All Cyberwings' Customers Please Read
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:50 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
cyberwings.com generates too much traffic for CW to be able to put it on a server at RS.

BTW, cwstatus.com is also mentioned in the forums.

Other hosts manage it, why not cyberwings? It should be on a dedicated server anyway, I SHOULD NOT have to share my server with the cyberwings site, do you know any other reputable hosts that do this? because I certainly don't.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:54 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

How about they move this site to a server at their so called "State of the art datacentre", and you'll see what **** service we get, it's alwright for you lot at rackshack, you get a half decent service. 50% of the time my mail doesn't work, I mean thats a joke, I know I'm not paying much, but Cyberwings has an obligation to provide a service, and if it doesn't provide that service, I can demand a refund, and if they won't give me that, we persue other avenues,.

If this thing happened in the UK, I would have complained to the appropriate people a longgggggggggggggggggggggg time ago and cyberwings would no longer be in business
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:57 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

One thing I have to say Justin is that if you WANT a refund, just ask. If you don't get it, do a chargeback.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:12 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I am gonna say just a little something.

I don't want a refund. It's like Justin says however - CW has an obligation to it's clients. We paid for a service and expect that service to work. It's to CW's advantage to pay the guy his money so he will go away.

But, reporting to authorities doesn't cut the mustard either - puting CW out of business doesn't get the client anywhere - does it? Instead of a few unhappy customers you have a lot.

I'm sure Shawn is trying his best but at the same time he has bitten off too much. I can imagine the crisis management goin on at CW right now. My suggestion, if there's a need for one, get his staff together around a table in Maine and deal with the priorities.

Those priorities are NOT to get all these sites up and running and they're not moving the DC either. Deal with the clients expectations. Clients have high expectations.

The three As of Customer Care are Attitiude, Attention and Action. I'm afraid CW have yet to reach the first step. Their Attitude has been outrageous.

That's my 2¢ worth.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:54 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just to break it up a bit, here's another bit of CW Slagging :

Quote:
A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.jsnwebservices.com', Server: 'mail.jsnwebservices.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Oh well, usual **** service then......
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:25 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You're having a tough time buddy.

Go out get drunk for the next 4 days, have a good weekend and, if everything is not up and running by Monday (your PM) you'll be too drunk to notice.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:55 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:

Cyberwing Communications Company Update
Data Center Update July 4th, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings!
Well, this isn't quite the 4th of July "celebration" I would have liked to have, but I would like to take this chance to update everyone briefly on the issues with our Data Center in Maine. I will be in our IRC chat this evening and tonight to help answer questions about the Data Center, how we are dealing with the situation(s), and our future expansion plans. Also, I will be in our IRC Chat room all day tomorrow, Friday July 5th, 2002, answering questions as well.

Maine Data Center Connectivity
Due to some disagreements between our current provider and Cyberwings at our Maine Data Center, our bandwidth there is limited at this moment. We expect to have our bandwidth fully restored by Monday, July 8th, 2002. The major thing hampering our efforts right now is the July 4th holiday and various key people on vacation who need to be in our discussions. For now, the servers are alive, rurnning, and much slower to access than before. Please know that I am aware of every issue, on the phone all day long with various people and trying to work out these disagreements as soon as possible. Due to confidentiality between our providers and ourselves, I cannot discuss the details of the situation, but will provide as much information as I can during my time in our IRC chat room tonight & tomororw.

Cyberwings is not leaving the web hosting business. Please do not believe the viscious rumors that we are leaving the business, abandoning our loyal customer base, etc. We are approaching what could be a major turning point in our Data Center requirements in the coming weeks and, no matter what our decisions come out to be, our main concern is keeping our current customer base alive, well, and with the appropriate level of access you had before we started having major issues. Hopefully our community knows me well enough by now to know that I would not walk away from our community! I have not been around in chat since I have been on the road travelling between Maine & Maryland, and have been working on various (A LOT!) of background issues trying to get key items in place to expedite this resolution process. I do communicate with our staff daily, just about hourly, and will continue to do so to keep all of our staff updated on what is happening.

Strategic Planning
Even though the current situation may be less than desireable, please know that Cyberwings will turn this situation into a blessing in disguise. By the time we are finished putting new process improvements in place, repairing data center issues, resolving any pending support & hardware issues, Cyberwings will be coming back out with FULL FORCE with a completely renewed energy for Web Hosting.

Please watch your email for more updates this evening/tomorrow & this weekend. No downtime here on my end, I'm working full force to put things back they should be. While I cannot spend a LOT of time in chat, I will promise to spend a considerable amount of time in there sometime tonight & tomorrow answering questions directly for people who wish to ask them.

Continued Support
Your continued support of Cyberwings in the past has been very much appreciated and is driving me to repair & fix this situation and get us back to a position of being the leading low cost hosting provider in the industry. Your continued support right NOW is critical in helping us make this happen. We do understand ALL of your concerns (probably before you even tell us!) and we are taking all of them into account during our strategic planning sessions right now.

Again, to reiterate, this is a major transition, reformation & expansion period for Cyberwings. We're not going anywhere, and with your support, we will come back out of this better than ever. As many of you have guessed I'm not planning any major sales right now Smile

Sincerely,

Shawn J. White, President & CEO
Cyberwing Communications, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
email: swhite@cyberwings.com
voice: Not Currently Available
web: http://www.cyberwings.com

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2