4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

All Cyberwings' Customers Please Read
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:27 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

This applies to all Cyberwings customers whose site is on a server in CW's Maine datacenter:

Quote:
Within the next 3 days, Cyberwings will be moving its servers to a new facility in Northern Virginia . This is a PHYSICAL move of all equipment and the estimated downtime is 2-3 days. Our reasoning for this is an improved network infrastructure in a better equipped, better staffed, more secure facility.

During this move, all sites & mail servers (including cyberwings.com) will be unavailable. The Cyberwings helpdesk will also be unavailable. We will do everything in our power to make this move as quick and painless as possible. Account setups and upgrades will also be delayed due to this move.

We strongly suggest that all customers back up their sites, databases, files, etc. as quickly as possible to ensure that you can restore your site in the event of a catastrophe. We ARE backing up and restoring the servers ourselves, but for your own good, please also do your own backups.

To keep our customer base informed of the latest information during this downtime, we are setting up www.cwstatus.com *. This will be the "command post" for all details on the move to the new facility. Please refer to this site for the most current information about this move. We will do our best to keep you all informed.

* The temporary website 'CWSTATUS' was just created today 7/2/2002, please allow 24-48 hours for it to propagate and be visible.

More information on this move and downtime will be provided as it becomes available

All Account Setups and Upgrades are on hold pending the immediate relocation of the Data Canter from Maine to Virginia that will be occurring over the next week. We shall pick up where we left off after the move. We apologize for the inconvenience this move may cause you, but it promises to increase our ability to provide continuous, reliable service. Thank You for your patience.

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:33 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

/me cheers cos plesk2 is staying at rackshack

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:43 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Laughing

Yes, Plesk 2 is staying put, which means that this site stays up, and so does mine Smile

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:53 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

and so does mine(two) Smile

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:00 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

God I thought **** downtime is bad enough, why don't they just refund us our money?, It's evident Shawn does not know what he is doing, you build a BRAND NEW PURPOSE BUILT DATACENTRE then move out of it? What the **** is going on, if it was in this country that this happened, I would be going to Watchdog and the computer mags Infact I think I still will.

I'd be asking for a public enquiry if it had happened in this country, I really would, Either someone refunds me my money, or I will make sure that these cowboys pay, they have one last chance to get things right, if they don't get it right this time, I will Screw them over in the press and people will get to know what a bunch of cowboys that this company are, it's allright for you Daniel, you're in Rackshack who know what they are doing, feel for us poor sod's that have had **** service since we signed up, now I'm supposed to be setting up a few sites for clients in a few days, and I use my JSNWebServices.com email addresses, to correspond with my clients, will Cyberwings compensate me for my lost revenue and customers? WILL THEY ****.

This is clearly unacceptable, and I urge all Cyberwings customers to make a stand against these bunch or muppets, all my domains will be moved out if this doesn't fix it once once for all, and I will go out of my way to make sure these muppets are out of the industry for good.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
general-chat.com
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:02 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

me as well i have plesk

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 12:27 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

2-3 days downtime is simply unacceptable. And given that they're moving everything, I'd say 3 days is a pretty optimistic estimation of the time needed to get everything running smoothly.

Imagine running an e-commerce site, you'd loose a hell of a lot of business in 3 days. Something should be done.

Garth Farley
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Garth FarleySend Personal Message
selpaw
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:05 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

So Cyberwings is going broke? Is that what it means? Cyberwings can not fund its own datacentre?

Selpaw Web Directory
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by selpawSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:51 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

general-chat.com: Please stop thinking that everytime Plesk is mentioned, you're involved. You're hosting with a different company (not Cyberwings AFAIK), so this doesn't affect you.

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:00 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Garth Farley wrote:
2-3 days downtime is simply unacceptable. And given that they're moving everything, I'd say 3 days is a pretty optimistic estimation of the time needed to get everything running smoothly.

Imagine running an e-commerce site, you'd loose a hell of a lot of business in 3 days. Something should be done.

Garth Farley

Exactly, but one of my sites had the grand total of 61% uptime last week, and one is hosted on the same server as the cyberwings site, and as that is my main email address domain, it simply goes down and starts rejecting emails, which is not on.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:01 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Warp wrote:
So Cyberwings is going broke? Is that what it means? Cyberwings can not fund its own datacentre?

Probbably, and I couldn't care less, we need muppets like this out of the web hosting business, and if they don't sort in within 48 hours, life will become very difficult for them...........
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:02 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It shouldn't reject emails straight away Justin. It should keep them for at least a day and try to resend them...

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:27 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I agree totally with Justin. 3 days of donwtime is just unacceptable for me and my client's who's running an e-business.

on a side note:

One of the many thing that's baffling me is why did they get a domain dedicated for server status when they could have simply transferred the Cyberwings website to any of their remaining RS servers (which is by way, are unaffected by the current downtimes) and incorporate the server status reports.

Only the people who had been lucky enough to have visited the chatroom and told about "cwstatus.com" will be able to get any info (if ever there's one decent, concrete and sensible info they'll post in there) regarding this situation.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by The_BatSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:32 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

cyberwings.com generates too much traffic for CW to be able to put it on a server at RS.

BTW, cwstatus.com is also mentioned in the forums.

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:49 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
It shouldn't reject emails straight away Justin. It should keep them for at least a day and try to resend them...

It returns an error message, something like 511 server too busy, please try sending message again later
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next