4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Cyberwings - I've had enough
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:30 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Cyberwings is without a doubt the worst host I have ever been with, even worse than F2S when it was at it's worst, reasons why?

1) JSNWebServices.com handles a LOT of email (like 40-50 outgoing a day and 100 incoming per day) related to various web soites we maintain, the mail server goes AWOL and does not respond several times a day for up to 20 minutes and mail gets rejected from people who send it in this time frame.

2) another one of my domains, which is only a portal page at the moment on plesk 12 goes down 8 or 9 times again, according to my monitroing service, it has been down 21 times this week, with the outages ranging from 5 minutes to 3 hours. This is unacceptable, and uptime this week? 61.22% disgraceful.

3) Also, I have two domains on the same server, webmail.koponline.cc and webmail.jsnwebservices.com log in to the SAME JSN WEB SERVICES ACCOUNT, for some stupid reason , their usernames are the same and so are their password, but when I try to login to webmail.koponline.cc, I simply get the JSN Account despite not even being on that domain

4) Plesk is ****. - Why can't they use something decent like H-Sphere? It's so much more user friendly, and is paid via client, rather than via server, which is a lifetime fee, never needs to be paid again

All in all, i suppose you get what you pay for, if I could afford to, I would host more domains with my prefered host ecommercediscovery, but unforunatley my budge doesn't strech to that, so I have to put up with this ****. I used to think F2S was bad, but you'd think this was free, and not F2S, because the performance you get out of freedom2surf is better than this ****.

Sorry about the rant, but I just am fed up with this **** 24/7, I wish I could go back on the servers in the old data centre, as they seem to be 30x more reliable.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:39 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Most of your concerns are valid, although your language isn't great Smile

1) You should tell them about this in the chat room (if they don't already know about it). There should be something they can do about it...

2) The outages on Plesk servers in Maine this week were due to network problems, which were beyond CW's control.

3) Try filing a ticket in the Helpdesk. That's never happened to me, and I'm sure that I've using some "generic" names on my account.

4) I don't find Plesk that bad, apart from the fact that it's a bit slow.

Quote:
I wish I could go back on the servers in the old data centre, as they seem to be 30x more reliable.

That's true for Plesk servers (like Plesk 2), but one of the Cobalt servers has been down for a week now, but CW can't do much, since it's in Rackshack's DC.

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:53 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
Most of your concerns are valid, although your language isn't great Smile

1) You should tell them about this in the chat room (if they don't already know about it). There should be something they can do about it...

2) The outages on Plesk servers in Maine this week were due to network problems, which were beyond CW's control.

3) Try filing a ticket in the Helpdesk. That's never happened to me, and I'm sure that I've using some "generic" names on my account.

4) I don't find Plesk that bad, apart from the fact that it's a bit slow.

Quote:
I wish I could go back on the servers in the old data centre, as they seem to be 30x more reliable.

That's true for Plesk servers (like Plesk 2), but one of the Cobalt servers has been down for a week now, but CW can't do much, since it's in Rackshack's DC.

Sorry it was just that it was kinda late, and I had just managed to mess up my main server by opening 1,000's of MYSQL Connections at once by programming something wrong, I got it in the neck from my servers admin!

1) I already have, they say it's because it's on the server that the cyberwings site and forums is on, every time they say they say it normally gets resolved quickley when there is a batch of mail, but the cyberwings site should be on a dedicated server, no if's not but's It's common sense if they didn't have forums on there, fair enough, but obviously the forums are are ****ing up the server for the rest of us

2) SOME of them were Network problems, plesk 13 : 91.54% plesk 12 : 61%, they're probbably sitting right next to each other, Plesk 12 keeps having DNS Problems on top of the Network, and keeps timing out at times, the control panel works, but the domains don't resolve.

3) I will do, doubt I will get anywhere though.......

4) I hate it to be honest, it's so low on features and it looks really bad, and half the things are hidden away, then you get the most cryptic error messages since the era of MS-DOS when something does go wrong. I guess I just like H-Sphere, because it's feature packed, very customisable, easy to configure, and well presented.

5) This site is never down, I think we have to come to the conclusion, that the staff at the Cyberwings Data centre obviously are not experienced enough to keep a server running properly, if you think to the ammount of problems before the new data centre (hardly any) and the ammount now (at least one server goes down a day), and it's ridicolous, I know it's cheap hosting, but I'm just saying, it's so irritating at times.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
general-chat.com
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:30 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

sorry to ask but when u say Plesk do you mean from JMR hosting

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:51 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Guess whats just happened for the third time today :

Quote:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.jsnwebservices.com', Server: 'mail.jsnwebservices.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0

Pathetic
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:15 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

general-chat.com wrote:
sorry to ask but when u say Plesk do you mean from JMR hosting

plesk from http://www.plesk.com

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
general-chat.com
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:10 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

But i am with JMR and i have plesk from them every thing great but email never works is thats what happing to him
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by general-chat.comSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:39 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, that's what's happening to him. Plesk is just a package with a web server, email server, FTP server, etc... A lot of hosts use it, but Justin is talking about Plesk at Cyberwings.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:06 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

right i see thanks for telling me.

Yes email is **** on mine as well i get very pis*sed with it Mad but apart from that its good

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:18 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:

Error Alert

Your Web site is not responding

URL: http://www.itfconline.net
Time: Tue Jul 02 11:10:03 EDT 2002, EST
Error Type: Host Not Found

&

Quote:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.jsnwebservices.com', Server: 'mail.jsnwebservices.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
general-chat.com
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:04 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

why dont you tell them this m8

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:54 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:
"Cannot Find Server"

... and later on ...

Quote:
"IMPORTANT NOTICE

ITFC Online Has Now Moved to Bluesweb.co.uk
Please Click here to go there"

...looks like he DID get fed up... Arrow Evil or Very Mad Shocked Sad

I can't say I blame him at all, though ... my uptime w/ CW was less than 33% before I asked for a refund.

Help Desk? Maybe he knows what kind of help he'll get already? Sad

Who do the rest of you host with when you're not 'on the cheap?' Wink Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:01 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

That message has been there for ages verto!

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:14 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

which one? "Cannot Find Server?" Wink Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:18 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

No, the one about ITFC Online having moved Smile

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next