4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

MODs Installation
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:46 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've just recently found out what a MOD stands for (it wasn't the Ministry of Defence afterall).

Would somebody have a tutorial on the subject.

Thanks everyone
JC
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:47 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Are you talking about phpBB MODs? If so, what do you want a tutorial to be written on?

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 12:55 am (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes I am. I was at their (PhPBB Community) website yesterday and noticed a MOD for changing the message when you temporarily disable the Board - when I clicked on the link I got what seemed like a text file but instructions were difficult to understand (don't forget I'm at the Head of the Dummies Class).

What I find overwhelming more often than not is the mention of databases.

It was just a thought Daniel. I find it a lot easier here in a smaller community than else where, where I easily get tired just bringing myself up to speed with the old messages.

Am I rambling???? Sorry
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:50 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The mod installation instructions are a bit confusing at first, but it shouldn't take you long to figure them out. Which ones don't you understand?

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: