4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Member List
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:54 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm using phpbb2 and currently have 1 single private forum - is there a way that the member list of only that forum can be unviewable by non-members?

Thanks
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:11 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

A simple way to do it would be adding this somewhere at the top of memberlist.php, after the main config files are included:

Code:
if (!$userdata['session_logged_in']) {
die("Please login");
}

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:22 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thank you Daniel, I'll give it a try.

Later: Unless I'm seeing things - I think it worked. Thanks again.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:43 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You guys must be psychic!

It was only earlier today I was wondering about doing this for a forum I have, which is open to members only.

Needless to say I shall be trying this later. Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:55 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just to be clear on this: all that code does is prevent non-logged in users from viewing the members list. It doesn't prevent them from registering...

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:22 am (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Great minds do think alike - :)

Actually, what I had wanted was as follows:

I got a forum with 4 topics i.e. Chit Chat, PHP, PERL and Project X

Project X has for members and they must apply join

I would like to make it so as the members of Project X cannot be seen by others whether logged-in or not.

If needs be I don't mind just blocking the view of members on the whole board.

Maybe my requirement doesn't make sense. I keep thinking why do I want to do this - except to 'protect' the members list.

Thanks again Daniel
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:38 am (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
Just to be clear on this: all that code does is prevent non-logged in users from viewing the members list. It doesn't prevent them from registering...

Yep thats OK, I have it so new members must be activated by the administrator, not too mention the fact the forum is only relevant to about 20 people in the entire world anyway! Laughing
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:40 am (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think you'd better block off the whole members list, JointComms...

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:46 am (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

How would I do that? Sorry guyz, my questions must seem so simple to you.

BTW I am known as JC

Thanks
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:13 am (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Code:
die("Access Denied");

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 2:27 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Would this be part of the if statement in your original post or a statement by itself?

Code:
die("Access Denied");

Thanks again for your patience.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 2:32 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If you want to prevent access for everybody, then you don't want the if statement. If you add the if statement, it will only prevent access for non logged in users.

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:33 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Are the members who are allowed to use the Project X forum in a User Group?

If so, would there be a way to use the group info to omit them from the Memberlist? or is that just going to get too complicated.

It would actually be a nice feature of phpBB to be able to choose which groups could access the memberlist. Any chance there is a Mod to do this?
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:39 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What do you want to do? Omit people from the list, or stop people from accessing it?

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:58 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I just realised why my post was confusing Embarassed I guess the first two lines were in relation to JC's post:
JointComms wrote:

I would like to make it so as the members of Project X cannot be seen by others whether logged-in or not.

I read it as omit members of Project X from the list, not sure if I'm right though. JC?

and the last sentence was just me thinking about extra features for phpBB2. Which would be more suited to my own forum, where I just want to stop the general public seeing the memberlist.

Does that clear it up?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next