4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

ASPs
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:27 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm not sure whether to post this here or in the db Forum (apologies if so).

My question is whether anyone knows if CW supports ASPs - I keep getting an error.

Thanks
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:31 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

In a limited way yes via apache ASP, by default its not enabled though, login to the PSA and see if its enabled or disabled.

Most scripts wont work though as you cant use VBScript without a third party thingy such as chillisoft asp.

Pretty much everything that can be done with ASP can be done better with PHP so I'd just search for a script written in PHP that does whatever it is your looking for

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:50 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks for your quick reply Ben - I can't effin talk bad here can I!!!

I guess my problem goes further than that NOW. I use FrontPage (I know I know you're gonna tell me to throw it out) and I'm using (testing right now) forms which will write to a db.

I take it PSA is the Plesk Server Admin.

Thanks again Ben, much appreciate it.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:54 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hehe chuck it out Very Happy

Yep psa is plesk server admin...

I think fp uses access databases and I dont think apache asp can do them anyway :s

http://www.nodeworks.com/asp/ may help...

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 12:28 am (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've filed a call to enable the Apache ASPs and we'll see what happens from there. Not that it's going to do any good from the sound of things.

I could, I suppose write to a file and then import them into an Access/whatever manually.

Thanks again Ben

Best,

Edit: And that's exactly what I did. Write to a .csv file and it works just fine for what I require. Smile
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:02 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

JointComms wrote:
I've filed a call to enable the Apache ASPs and we'll see what happens from there. Not that it's going to do any good from the sound of things.

I could, I suppose write to a file and then import them into an Access/whatever manually.

Thanks again Ben

Best,

Edit: And that's exactly what I did. Write to a .csv file and it works just fine for what I require. Smile

Don't think Cyberwings Support ASP in any way whatsoever, and don't have the Apache ASP Module installed as far as I know........
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:04 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

CW don't support the module at all, but they may turn it on for you in Plesk, as it is installed. If you're a reseller, you can turn it on yourself.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: