4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

HELP!!!
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Gandalf
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:59 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've just finished importing my entire F2S site to the hosting of CyberWings, but I seem to be having an unexplained problem: I've ported the database I've been keeping to CyberWings via phpMyAdmin (manually, I might add, since when I tried to upload the 300KB .SQL file it just waited, and waited, and waited... for three hours - and didn't finish even then!).

But now, whenever I try to access a database entry via PHP, it displays it with slashes before all ' and " characters (i.e., instead of showing the text He's a "good" boy, it'll show He\'s a \"good\" boy). I've used the exact same PHP file in F2S, and it showed it without the excess slash marks.
I don't get it - if it works in F2S, why does it add all those slash marks now?

By the way: I've checked in phpMyAdmin, and, according to the phpMyAdmin output, those extra slash marks aren't stored in the database, which means they're probably added somewhere along the way.

Can somebody please help me?

Ex Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 11:33 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I cant go into detail as it is very late but I would advise that you read up on magic quotes you can add remove these slashes when you perform certain script routines.

Someone else no doubt will clarify this more

Gandalf
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 11:43 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks Malcolm, but by the time I've read your reply I've already gotten help in the CyberWings help chat from Shawn and Jester. All that's needed are the following lines in .htaccess:

php_value magic_quotes_gpc 0
php_value magic_quotes_runtime 0
php_value magic_quotes_sybase 0

I hope it helps anyone.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:58 am (9 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Php_value magic_quotes_gpc 0 .1!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!
Php_value magic_quotes_runtime 0
Php_value magic_quotes_sybase 0....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: