4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Publishing forms in MS FrontPage
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:07 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've been so lucky here that I'm gonna try a jab at another question.

I realise that most probably most if not all regulars here (except me perhaps) do their coding by hand. I on the other hand use FrontPage 2000.

I've never had any requirements for forms but I am now in dire need of setting one up. I'm using FP simply because I'm not really a coder and count on the assistance of others.

GET to the question you say.

Must I use FP to publish the form? I've ftp'd the form but it won't work. Any ideas anyone? I'm hosted at CW and the extensions are enabled.

Last edited by JointComms on Sat Jun 08, 2002 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:25 am (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The form thing is a frontpage extension so it has to be published by http to do all the jiggery pokery it does...

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:54 am (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There must be a way of writing a form (for a non-coder) without using FP. I'm getting pretty t-off at this thing.

(note to Ben - pretty active LFC forum you got there - and thanks for remembering the Liverpool - Juve disaster).
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 11:45 am (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You could always try a formmail script... http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html

Not as easy as using the frontpage one but it is fairly easy....

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 1:57 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ben wrote:
You could always try a formmail script... http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html

Not as easy as using the frontpage one but it is fairly easy....

Yep, thats what I use.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 6:33 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ben/Justin

OK Gents, I'm listening to you and I'm taking a chance without really knowing what I'm doing.

Since I'm hosted at CW what would the following look like for me?

$mailprog = '/usr/lib/sendmail -i -t';

Do I change the following
@referers = ('scriptarchive.com','209.196.21.3');

to (do I need a IP address):
@referers = ('mydomain.com','209.196.21.3');

Do I change the following
@recipients = &fill_recipients(@referers);

to:
@recipients = &fill_recipients(@mydomain.codm);

What does this mean?

# ACCESS CONTROL FIX: Peter D. Thompson Yezek #
# @valid_ENV allows the sysadmin to define what environment variables can #
# be reported via the env_report directive. This was implemented to fix #
# the problem reported at http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/1187 #

@valid_ENV = ('REMOTE_HOST','REMOTE_ADDR','REMOTE_USER','HTTP_USER_AGENT');

Finally, once I upload the script to the cgi bin do I chmod the file or something?

Thanks
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 3:59 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Soz for taking so long to reply...

Have you had a look at http://www.scriptarchive.com/download.cgi?s=formmail&c=txt&f=README that should tell you everything you need to know.

If your still unsure about anything post back Smile

Oh moving to the perl forum now as its more suited to there

Red and White Kop
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: