4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

chmod' ing directories - help!
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
eskimomatt
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 10:53 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Question arrrgh! i know i might be good at programming, but when it comes to permissions i'm ****. can some one tell me how to change directory permissions, because i'm using terrapin ftp program and it won't let me. please tell me what to do! i need to be able to create new files in a directory from php. URGENT
cheers -matt Question

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 11:06 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If your using F2S I dont think you will be able to create new files in a directory other than the one the php script is in due to F2S having "directory restrictions" in place.

I could be wrong though..

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
szo2
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:20 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is this not the ex-F2S forums? No offence, but I don't think anyone should remain in F2S when Cyberwings is SO much better...
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by szo2Send Personal MessageSend email
eskimomatt
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 3:29 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

sorry. worked it out, if you just use my computer to ftp, you can set directorie permissions

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: