4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Connection to mysql server
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
fredmatrack
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 10:38 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I use in my php script the following:
mysql_connect ("piustien.dyndns.org", "user", "pwd");

When I run this on the server I get this:
Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'www@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/ic035/html/menueen.php on line 5

Why do I get the www@localhost?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by fredmatrackSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:24 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Has the db been added? Have you given the right permissions to "user"?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:30 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Those settings are correctly. But where does the www@localhost come from? Is this a setting on the webserver? He needs to use the users I entered in mysql_connect ("piustien.dyndns.org", "user", "pwd");
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by fredmatrackSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:33 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is DynDns your host? If not, I'm not sure whether they'll forward your request properly, so that might be the problem... Try using the IP, to see if it works.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:39 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I get the same errors:
Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '213.224.241.38' (111) in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/ic035/html/menueen.php on line 3

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'www@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/ic035/html/menueen.php on line 5

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/ic035/html/menueen.php on line 5

I think this is a setting on the webserver or in php.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:43 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Are you hosting this site off your own PC?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:47 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The site (webserver) is stored on http://leerlingen.piustien.net/toon.php and the mysql server is located in my school at piustien.dyndns.org.

Port 3306 (mysql) is mapped to our mysql server, a mas os x server with mysql.
On http://piustien.dyndns.org:8001 there is a website running.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:50 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Are you sure your school's server allows remote connections?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:55 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

yes, I opened this port on our firewall.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:57 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

OK, could you try to connect to your MySQL server using a GUI (like MySQL-Front), and tell us if it works?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 12:00 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

That will not work. I added a forwardrule in the firewall so only my webserver could connect to the mysql.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 12:01 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Would it be possible to remove it temporarily, to make sure it's not a PHP/server problem?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 12:02 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sorry, I haven't access from here. Is there another way to test this.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: